Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's also been seen on Joe's yacht...

ada-ciganlija-pedaline-01.jpg

Morning all spoke to the boy last night ... all gossip no ITK

Firstly he laughed about all the players we haven't signed that we were 'on the verge of signing' we made an approach for Cellabos but it was to buy not loan and that never went anywhere, Saliba was nothing more than a passing interest at 30m not a chance, Kalvin Philips was on the radar but he's not considered EPL ready yet, Zaniolo sure but again not at 40m. The big names we're linked with now he really doesn't know very much ... the office gossip says more signings are coming but everyone in the office has a different view on who (just like us) what is common knowledge is that Poch wants an extra goalscorer, conversely he's not that bothered about adding defenders, even losing Tripps and Rose. Not sure I believe that.

As for players leaving, Tripps was shown the door, Danny is also being pushed out, the only thing he knows for sure is that we were not willing to given them pay rises or new contracts. The feeling is that Toby, Eriksen and Jan might all now run down their contracts and leave on a free next summer. There are deals on offer to all of them but that's been the case for well over a year and nothings changed, of course they could sign any time so who knows.

On a side note he said that Poch is fired up like never before, the Asia trip was seen as a pain in the arse but by all accounts it went fantastically well (not sure what that means) the squad being together has got them past last season's ending and fully into this season, by all accounts we are 'a million miles' ahead of where we were this time last year. So in Spursy fashion expect 1 point from 9 lol ....

Financially we are minted, he dropped the hint about the shirt deal last week (I didn't get it) and he told me there's been a whole load more smaller deals with more to come. His words "if we wanted to sign 200m of players each on 200k a week we'd still be making money" good to hear from an accountant, our problem is all the sides we approach for players know this hence the huge price tags, guess that's how Utd have felt for years. We have a draft agreement for naming right, he hinted but didn't confirm, that this went to Asia last week, the sums are eye-watering, however the view remains that if we're signing a thirty year deal then waiting another year to get the right one is important ... an extra 5m a year might not sound like much but that's 150m over the contract, not to be taken lightly. The key apparently is upfront cash, we want a huge sum to clear down debt, that requires a very cash rich partner.

On a side note - in the office 'value' report our most valuable player is now Son - this reflects his marketing value as much as his footballing value. The press office said that over 50% of requests for comments, interviews, memorabilia during the Asia tour were for Son ... the lad is simply a god in the far east ...

EDIT - Apologies in advance for all the cretins who probably won't be able to resist making stupid comments about a post which is headed as "Gossip" .. but then we all already know who those sad fucks are so no surprises ... The Dane - Sunglasses Ron - MindBlown - Arcspace the usual shower of trolls ...

Last edited:
I was born in Wrexham and supported them for many years (1992 Mickey Thomas free kick against the Woolwich....I was there ! :thumbup: Wrexham 2 Woolwich 1).
If Gareth Bale goes to The Racecourse next season I will hire a private jet for every Saturday home game so I can watch him play.
Now anybody who knows how careful I am with my money (I make Daniel Levy look like 'spend,spend,spend Viv Nicholson'....younger members may have to google her)....will realise that I obviously view this Talksport story as utter bullshit.

Do you remember Mickey Thomas whilst at MU taking a dive against Spurs and then winking at the camera after being awarded the penalty? I will hate him forever for that. Not so much the dive as the wink!

Last edited:
There is something I'm not sure about and would appreciate some clarification. As I understand it, the EFL has a closing date before the rest of Europe. Does this mean we can't buy or sell or can we at least still sell. I'm thinking of CE and RM.

I'm sorry but the signing of Ndombele is hardly a thunderous warning to Man City and Liverpool that next season we mean business. If we really wanted to put the frighteners on those two then deals would have been done and the likes of Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Dybala would now be returning from their holidays and preparing for pre-training and team integration with us prior to the Villa match... which is in less than two weeks.

Are we once again going to be subject to a 'Bargain Basement' fiasco where we end up with a couple of players that act as 'padding' to the squad but certainly don't get the fans heartbeat racing or hopes soaring ?
I don't mind being patient and whilst the stadium build was going on I fully accepted the need for stringent economy in the transfer market. I didn't expect the complete stagnation we had to endure but in fairness Poch and his coaching team did miracles to achieve the success we enjoyed with an unchanged group of players.

It's payback time now for the manager and the supporters. A chance to fulfill the dreams of many of us by bringing in quality players capable of transforming Spurs from a nearly team into one that will sit proudly and justifiably at the top of the Premiership table when next season ends. That is not some impossible dream or unreachable target. We have the infrastructure to do it and we also have parts of the jigsaw already in place.
I have no idea what negotiations are going on behind the scenes and neither do most people (including that ITK shower of shit). I only know for sure that it is taking an extraordinary length of time for any sort of deal to near completion and that just causes unrest and frustration.

It was time for positive and resounding steps, a chance to put the spotlight on Tottenham and say "We are here to challenge for everything and will continue to do so for years to come". That opportunity has gone begging and at the moment we are just another club subject to the fake news crap that the papers need in order to sell copy.

It's not like we were originally in direct competition for these targets from our rivals and have had to allocate extra millions to fend them off. The story seems to always be the same...a club asks for £80m and we offer £60m then sit back and wait for them to buckle. They don't bend at all and someone nips in and pays the asking price.

Man City and Liverpool may need to do the odd 'tweak' to an already purring engine but basically their team construction is over and it's all about keeping things ticking over.We, however are in need of some vital components and that fact is undeniable.
The clock is ticking Mr.Levy and I think you will find Poch has set the alarm and his 'wake up call' for the end of next season, maybe even sooner. You have the baton in hand, I strongly recommend you start running with it.
Excellent post.

I am afraid Manchester City and Liverpool will still be untouchable (I hope I'm wrong), that leaves us being able to reach 3rd as the best of the rest.

To be honest I don't see what mix of (realistic) incoming transfers makes us able to reach those 99 points or whatever will be required.

My apologies for being such a downer :pochunimpressed:

No way Pool have the same season again

I've said it before, if Ndombele is the only one in, this window will be a failure. He's only replacing Dembele, and as mentioned, we've lost Llorente and Trippier. Toby may no longer leave this window (Thank God) but he will next summer and if Eriksen, by some miracle stays, he'll be off next summer for free as well.

Which would mean we would have to do 3 transfer window's work in 1. It's a failure any way you cut it.

Oh I've forgotten Rose wants to go as well, so we've only replaced Dembele, lost both starting FBs and our backup striker. How does this show ambition?

We may not have had our players poached (Berbatov, Bale, Modric etc) but in the end it's the same damn non-strategy. No signings to strengthen, but just to replace.

Lo Celso & Sessegnon must come in. Eriksen & Rose must not leave. That's bare minimum.

And honestly Levy & the PR team can piss off with the Dybala BS. Stop pretending to chase targets.
I've said it before, if Ndombele is the only one in, this window will be a failure. He's only replacing Dembele, and as mentioned, we've lost Llorente and Trippier. Toby may no longer leave this window (Thank God) but he will next summer and if Eriksen, by some miracle stays, he'll be off next summer for free as well.

Which would mean we would have to do 3 transfer window's work in 1. It's a failure any way you cut it.

Oh I've forgotten Rose wants to go as well, so we've only replaced Dembele, lost both starting FBs and our backup striker. How does this show ambition?

We may not have had our players poached (Berbatov, Bale, Modric etc) but in the end it's the same damn non-strategy. No signings to strengthen, but just to replace.

Lo Celso & Sessegnon must come in. Eriksen & Rose must not leave. That's bare minimum.

And honestly Levy & the PR team can piss off with the Dybala BS. Stop pretending to chase targets.
The only true thing in that Tweet is the math.
Maths, not math, singular. Shortened form of mathematics, not mathematic.

Back
Top Bottom