Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The same day Spurs broke into the top four on a regular basis and they had to expand the definition of a successful club to include a faltering Man United and Woolwich.

Seems to defy logic at this point that they don't just consider the top 7 (european spots) as the proverbial mini-league at this point, but i guess that would bruise the egos of 'agenda setters' even further.

Seems to defy logic at this point that they don't just consider the top 7 (european spots) as the proverbial mini-league at this point, but i guess that would bruise the egos of 'agenda setters' even further.
If Wolves broke into the top 6 next season at the expense of either Man U, Woolwich, or transfer-banned Chelsea, I'd bet anything that the following season Sky, etc. would be chatting about "Top 7".

If Wolves broke into the top 6 next season at the expense of either Man U, Woolwich, or transfer-banned Chelsea, I'd bet anything that the following season Sky, etc. would be chatting about "Top 7".

Indeed, but it would take that for to be re-'branded' (which is my somewhat blurred point)...

I hate most ITK larpers but that one I genuinely pity. Something isn't right in his life to go that far to pretend to be ITK. I hope he is right as it will likely bring him some happiness.
It's like whoever decided to set up a fake Alasdair Gold twitter account this week.

giphy.gif

One can only assume that the timing of the summer transfer window unfortunately aligns with many many 14 year olds having too much time on their hands.

This week is going to be fun.

Loads of random bullshit links. Melting. Gnashing of teeth. Mass hysteria.

For such a massive window, I feel weirdly calm right now. Maybe it's a benefit of getting Ndombele in so early and ENIC sending out at least some kind of signal that we're looking to progress.

Also the relentless transfer rumour coverage is giving us such a clear playbook for how these deals are done that every supposed 'setback' ends up being obvious negotiating tactics. It's plain to see which players we actually have had an interest in and which ones are just random links.

For me, Lo Celso and Sessegnon get done this week. Maybe next week if last minute silly bollocks goes down. It's the Eriksen/Dybala nebulous stuff that could really end up being the rabbit in the hat.

tenor.gif

LOL - with €65m equating to roughly £58.5m, they're dreaming if they think we'll pay that after Ndombele was only £55.5m (with €10m of potential add ons, admittedly).

Besides, they've already bought Fekir and other players with the money ahead of time so their backs are against the wall.

Levy doesn't pay a penny over €60m (including add ons) in my opinion.
:levystare:

There's a chance the Chavs will surprise a few people this season. Their youth team has been on top for years now. If fat frank uses them, I can see it being a good season for the plastics to be honest.

They definitely have some talented youngsters, but you can't underestimate the loss of Hazard; he was Chelsea's best player by a comfortable distance last season. It's asking a hell of a lot of largely untested youth to replace Hazard's contribution, even collectively.

For such a massive window, I feel weirdly calm right now. Maybe it's a benefit of getting Ndombele in so early and ENIC sending out at least some kind of signal that we're looking to progress.

I'm sorry but the signing of Ndombele is hardly a thunderous warning to Man City and Liverpool that next season we mean business. If we really wanted to put the frighteners on those two then deals would have been done and the likes of Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Dybala would now be returning from their holidays and preparing for pre-training and team integration with us prior to the Villa match... which is in less than two weeks.

Are we once again going to be subject to a 'Bargain Basement' fiasco where we end up with a couple of players that act as 'padding' to the squad but certainly don't get the fans heartbeat racing or hopes soaring ?
I don't mind being patient and whilst the stadium build was going on I fully accepted the need for stringent economy in the transfer market. I didn't expect the complete stagnation we had to endure but in fairness Poch and his coaching team did miracles to achieve the success we enjoyed with an unchanged group of players.

It's payback time now for the manager and the supporters. A chance to fulfill the dreams of many of us by bringing in quality players capable of transforming Spurs from a nearly team into one that will sit proudly and justifiably at the top of the Premiership table when next season ends. That is not some impossible dream or unreachable target. We have the infrastructure to do it and we also have parts of the jigsaw already in place.
I have no idea what negotiations are going on behind the scenes and neither do most people (including that ITK shower of shit). I only know for sure that it is taking an extraordinary length of time for any sort of deal to near completion and that just causes unrest and frustration.

It was time for positive and resounding steps, a chance to put the spotlight on Tottenham and say "We are here to challenge for everything and will continue to do so for years to come". That opportunity has gone begging and at the moment we are just another club subject to the fake news crap that the papers need in order to sell copy.

It's not like we were originally in direct competition for these targets from our rivals and have had to allocate extra millions to fend them off. The story seems to always be the same...a club asks for £80m and we offer £60m then sit back and wait for them to buckle. They don't bend at all and someone nips in and pays the asking price.

Man City and Liverpool may need to do the odd 'tweak' to an already purring engine but basically their team construction is over and it's all about keeping things ticking over.We, however are in need of some vital components and that fact is undeniable.
The clock is ticking Mr.Levy and I think you will find Poch has set the alarm and his 'wake up call' for the end of next season, maybe even sooner. You have the baton in hand, I strongly recommend you start running with it.

tenor.gif

LOL - with €65m equating to roughly £58.5m, they're dreaming if they think we'll pay that after Ndombele was only £55.5m (with €10m of potential add ons, admittedly).

Besides, they've already bought Fekir and other players with the money ahead of time so their backs are against the wall.

Levy doesn't pay a penny over €60m (including add ons) in my opinion.
:levystare:

Although what's the point in all the drama over 4million pounds?

Levy is obviously one of the best things to happen to Spurs but if all this wait is over that little money in football terms, it's beyond ridiculous.

Although what's the point in all the drama over 4million pounds?

Levy is obviously one of the best things to happen to Spurs but if all this wait is over that little money in football terms, it's beyond ridiculous.

Asking price (release clause?) was 80m euro... 2 weeks to go; let Dan The Man do his thang.

We're set to save circa 50m between GLC and Ndombele (that's 2/3s of a Dybala if you prefer).

I've said it before, if Ndombele is the only one in, this window will be a failure. He's only replacing Dembele, and as mentioned, we've lost Llorente and Trippier. Toby may no longer leave this window (Thank God) but he will next summer and if Eriksen, by some miracle stays, he'll be off next summer for free as well.

Which would mean we would have to do 3 transfer window's work in 1. It's a failure any way you cut it.

Oh I've forgotten Rose wants to go as well, so we've only replaced Dembele, lost both starting FBs and our backup striker. How does this show ambition?

We may not have had our players poached (Berbatov, Bale, Modric etc) but in the end it's the same damn non-strategy. No signings to strengthen, but just to replace.

Lo Celso & Sessegnon must come in. Eriksen & Rose must not leave. That's bare minimum.

And honestly Levy & the PR team can piss off with the Dybala BS. Stop pretending to chase targets.

I've said it before, if Ndombele is the only one in, this window will be a failure. He's only replacing Dembele, and as mentioned, we've lost Llorente and Trippier. Toby may no longer leave this window (Thank God) but he will next summer and if Eriksen, by some miracle stays, he'll be off next summer for free as well.

Which would mean we would have to do 3 transfer window's work in 1. It's a failure any way you cut it.

Oh I've forgotten Rose wants to go as well, so we've only replaced Dembele, lost both starting FBs and our backup striker. How does this show ambition?

We may not have had our players poached (Berbatov, Bale, Modric etc) but in the end it's the same damn non-strategy. No signings to strengthen, but just to replace.

Lo Celso & Sessegnon must come in. Eriksen & Rose must not leave. That's bare minimum.

And honestly Levy & the PR team can piss off with the Dybala BS. Stop pretending to chase targets.
word-image-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom