Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of interesting things going on that are hard to interpret. Poch asks for early business and all we have to date is Ndombele with Clark being lined back to Leeds. Pochettino now saying he won't talk about transfers and says he has no say. Surely he does have some say and these are all word games to deflect what is going on behind the scenes?

I hope so because the way things are looking the current squad isn't as good as last year's squad.
I am starting to worry a little about Poch's future. It's beginning to look a little as though Poch and DL aren't seeing eye to eye and Poch is continually having to battle to get what he needs. How much patience can he have? You need a board solidly behind you if you want success. I really hope I'm wrong.

I am starting to worry a little about Poch's future. It's beginning to look a little as though Poch and DL aren't seeing eye to eye and Poch is continually having to battle to get what he needs. How much patience can he have? You need a board solidly behind you if you want success. I really hope I'm wrong.

That's my fear as well. If Levy doesn't back Poch at this point then he isn't going to back anyone.

Can people stop worrying about Poch leaving for like one second?

I know that people are bored but does "POCH IS GOING" have to be the go to melt/discussion?

Christ.

Dude is saying that he won't answer questions about transfers because he is not the one negotiating the bloody deals. Ain't more to it than that.

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is set to sign for Chinese Super League outfit Jiangsu Suning on a three-year deal.

The Welshman will earn 22 million euros per season and only small details remain for the deal to be finalised.

Bale is not part of Zinedine Zidane's plans for the upcoming season and the Welshman's agent, Jonathan Barnett, had been in negotiations with the Chinese club in recent weeks.

Jiangsu are owned by the Suning Business Group, who have purchased a 70 percent take in Inter.

Last season, the Nerazzurri tried to lure Luka Modric to Italy by offering him a big-money deal that included a move to China before his retirement.

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is set to sign for Chinese Super League outfit Jiangsu Suning on a three-year deal.

The Welshman will earn 22 million euros per season and only small details remain for the deal to be finalised.

Bale is not part of Zinedine Zidane's plans for the upcoming season and the Welshman's agent, Jonathan Barnett, had been in negotiations with the Chinese club in recent weeks.

Jiangsu are owned by the Suning Business Group, who have purchased a 70 percent take in Inter.

Last season, the Nerazzurri tried to lure Luka Modric to Italy by offering him a big-money deal that included a move to China before his retirement.
Fucking hell! Matt Law going with more than £1m per week!!!!

Can people stop worrying about Poch leaving for like one second?
I know that people are bored but does "POCH IS GOING" have to be the go to melt/discussion?
Christ.
Dude is saying that he won't answer questions about transfers because he is not the one negotiating the bloody deals. Ain't more to it than that.
He's been backed to the tune of one new player in the space of almost 3 complete transfer windows. At a time when the club are recording the highest profit margins in its history.
It's as clear as day he's acting like a pressure cooker struggling to contain his frustration. And after what he achieved with his hands tied up last season, who the fuck can blame him

Fucking hell! Matt Law going with more than £1m per week!!!!

That's fucking nuts... and, quite frankly, disgustingly obscene...

I know they say you can only take what they offer, but you could feed a 3rd world country on what he's earning!!

Just shows ya... he's now clearly only in it fir the money... love of the game went out the window long ago!

He COULD pretty much take his pick of some massively clubs that would 'only' pay him the £Half Mil. per week, but eh, he's probably fulfilling a childhood dream to join a club that he's now contractually obliged to have grown up suppprting!!

Maybe that's why he's slowly been changing his hairstyle to look more 'Samurai' these past few years....?

Last edited:
He's been backed to the tune of one new player in the space of almost 3 complete transfer windows. At a time when the club are recording the highest profit margins in its history.
It's as clear as day he's acting like a pressure cooker struggling to contain his frustration. And after what he achieved with his hands tied up last season, who the fuck can blame him

It's only clear as day, if you take Poch's words with an overdose of confirmation bias.

If you actually listen to the words he's saying, not so much.

Y'all think that transfers are the same thing as walking into a convenience store, picking up a pack of gum, asking how much, and paying it?

Get with reality people. A player's transfer is dependent on other players coming in to fill the void, interest from other clubs, interest on the part of the player in joining a club, agreeing on a price, agreeing on the add-ons, structuring the payments, agreeing terms with the player, etc. etc. etc. If transfers were as simple as some people on this forum think, all teams would have sorted them out within a week or two of the window opening.

So chillax. We're going to get our targets in, but we're not going to do it by spending £20-30 million more than we have to. Not only because that £20-30 million can go to additional transfers and higher salaries (thus making us a more attractive proposition for new players and allowing us to retain existing ones), but also because, if we pay what clubs ask, everyone will think we're dummies and quote us even more insane prices next time around.

Take Lo Celso, for example. If we just paid Betis' release clause, we'd be a veritable laughing stock by paying £78m for a player that was purchased for £21m a few weeks ago and whose market value is closer to £45-50m. I mean, do we want to become Arse-anal all of a sudden?

Are you taking sedatives for depression?

Back
Top Bottom