Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm pretty sure he didn't fail the medical. I think Liverpool tried to use his medical history to chivvy something off the price - knowing they had Shaqiri at 12m as a back up.

I understand the reticence where a player has ruptured his knee is concerned, but he was only 21 (2015), and he's played a lot of football since then. I think last two years Harry Kane's probably missed more games than Fekir.

There aren't too many players bobbing around Europe with his ability and productivity (and versatility in forward areas) - when you think what 30m gets you now, if the knee holds out, that would be an absolute bargain.

Yes it's the " if the knees holds out" which is the problem - no insurer will take him on giving full cover for he knee in the case he has to give up football.

That's why bigger clubs won't take he risk. Betis get a player that they can only dream of plus about 20- 25m cash left over after selling Lo Celso so whilst there is risk they are far better off than before they bought Lo Celso 4 months ago and that's why the risk makes sense to them.

Yes it's the " if the knees holds out" which is the problem - no insurer will take him on giving full cover for he knee in the case he has to give up football.

That's why bigger clubs won't take he risk. Betis get a player that they can only dream of plus about 20- 25m cash left over after selling Lo Celso so whilst there is risk they are far better off than before they bought Lo Celso 4 months ago and that's why the risk makes sense to them.

I think you are way off about not getting insured. He hasn’t failed a medical and has played three full seasons at high level since.

He did his cruciate in Sep 2015 and missed most of that season. But has played all the three seasons since missing just 3 games the following season and 7 the season after that and I don’t think missed any games last season through major injury at all?

At worst it might bump the premium a bit, but I’m pretty sure he’s insurable.

I think you are way off about not getting insured. He hasn’t failed a medical and has played three full seasons at high level since.

He did his cruciate in Sep 2015 and missed most of that season. But has played all the three seasons since missing just 3 games the following season and 7 the season after that and I don’t think missed any games last season through major injury at all?

At worst it might bump the premium a bit, but I’m pretty sure he’s insurable.

Like any pre-existing medical condition, insurers will generally not insure against that medical condition recurring.

In other words the risk is just too great so the premium rise will not be just a bit, but would rise to a significant % of the amount of the potential claim so if the player is valued at £60m the insurance demanded might be 30% X £60m per annum - at best. And as I say most insurers will not t ouch it

so the insurance premium is at a level it's not worth insuring ?

After being linked with Juventus, Trippier is now being linked with a move to Bayern.

I find it strange some really big clubs are so interested after the average season he has just had.

After being linked with Juventus, Trippier is now being linked with a move to Bayern.

I find it strange some really big clubs are so interested after the average season he has just had.

And they also both play with a back 4. For a team that plays with a back 5 like Juve used to it would make a lot of sense.

Zaniolo news on Italian media, reporting a Spurs offer of 27 M€ + Alderweireld.

Bit risky but it can be a great move.
Zaniolo still needs to find a pro attitude but his talent is huge. Could really become an outstanding player in the vein of classic Italian fantasistas à la Totti and Baggio (not as good as them, but with similar characteristics).

Zaniolo is a very classy young player. I watched Roma a few times this season and the kid can seriously play, Inter Milan must be spewing they included him into the Naingolan (spelling) deal.

I’m torn on letting Toby leave but if he helps us bring a talent such as this I’m all for it. Especially considering we have some great options at centre half already, it’s time for Davison Sanchez to really step up this season and hopefully we tie up Saliba too. Saliba and Davison can be the future of this club and then you have a player like Foyth who I see a lot of potential in also.

Vertonhen, Sanchez, Foyth, Saliba & Dier pretty brilliant if you ask me. We have the now and the future at centre half, on top of that they can all play multiple positions in a back 4.

Well considering Eriksen and maybe a fit Lamela are our only creators I’d say at least Lo Celso and one other.

Lo Celso seems to be Poch no 1 priority.

If Eriksen stays no need to replace him, if he goes to Madrid too many rumours of Ceballos on loan with option to buy for it not to have legs, and Madrid are not cash rich so need to pay for Eriksen in part with players.

And lots of rumours of Danni Olmo but think he's the option if Lamela leaves, unless Madrid demand a buy back clause in Ceballos loan contract in which case Olmo replaces Ceballos. .

So can't see atm where Zaniolo would fit into the squad - and not sure we would want to pay that much for another midfield prospect after spending circa £130m on Ndombele and Lo Celso.

Better to spend that money on other parts of the squad needing reinforcement whether CB or CF ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom