Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would he say “he’s a player we want to get rid of?”

Trippier has 67 assists. More than Walker and Azpilucueta in over 50 less games.
Might want to rethink that “hopeful punt” mantra. Simply false.
He hasn't nor would I expect him to say that. It's just he hasn't said he wishes to keep him as he has with Eriksen.

There have been many stories linking Trips to multiple clubs, none of which have done fuck all to actually secure the services of the player despite the bollocks of him house hunting in Naples. You chose what you want on how to interpret what is going on, and I'll choose mine.

For my guidance, I'll choose to use the fact that Eriksen has publicly expressed an interest to leave BUT ONLY if it's to a bigger club than us if this doesn't materialise he's happy to stay and negotiate a new deal with us. He is one of our best players and the Manager has publicly stated that he wants him to stay.

As with Tripps, what is guiding me is that he's crap and had a fucking disaster of a season last year. The manager hasn't publicly stated that he wants to keep him and he's been linked with several clubs. I choose to think that is because he is so garbage that those clubs named aren't actually interested in him, and it's us (or his agent) that is putting those links in the public domain in an effort to create some interest (this is a tactic often used, so don't say it isn't).

I've zero proof that it is actually what is going on, just my take. I would have thought that Tripps would be looking forward to meeting his new teammates in Naples now that he has had time to unpack his books in his new house. Oh wait, this hasn't happened yet and pre-season starts now, perhaps he's had to delay the move as his personal effects are stuck on a container ship in the Mediterranean. Or maybe it was just a bit of bullshit fed to create interest? Maybe it has and AM link is real, or maybe that's not. The point is he is being whored around not because he's good but because we want to sell him.

Let's not get drawn into Tripps stat munching, that topic I've coved multiple times over the past few seasons, nothing new can be said what has already been said numerous times, I sure you are well aware of my position by now.

They'd better fucking NOT....
he's OURS GODDAMIT!

Having said that, who's up for a cheeky Abuyamananguyang bid...? He clearly wants to step up to the 'next level' TM

.... so lets see how THEY like the idea of one of their best players popping down the Seven Sisters Road to ACHIEVE HIS AMBITION?!
:cunt:

How accurate is this ricky sacks prick? Seems like a complete bullshitter to me. Cunt can do one, making up shit for shitter followers ffs.

How do people still not understand Ricky Sacks isn't a "source" of any kind and that he just reposts stuff from various papers and websites? He literally puts the source in every tweet. Yet people here ask if he's reliable on a daily basis.

And on the flip side you may think it’s logical to say “Eriksen wasn’t poor last season because he was good three years ago”

Each to their own
It’s more like that he’s been a very good to player for the majority of his career and has had a below average season. Doesn’t make him or Dele shit players like you say

How do people still not understand Ricky Sacks isn't a "source" of any kind and that he just reposts stuff from various papers and websites? He literally puts the source in every tweet. Yet people here ask if he's reliable on a daily basis.
Is he reliable or not? Answer the question man

sammyspurs sammyspurs I thought you wanted us to look towards the lower leagues for talent, but now you’re slating the idea of signing Aarons?

We've moved on. This team needs first teamers who are a step up.
We have KWP, and we should invest in him, not sign other teams kids that wont play first team football.

If we want a new RB, it should be one better than everyone we have. Our back up is ok, we dont need more back up.

Is he reliable or not? Answer the question man
45b6aa3f909666973e95edf7572c559e6e100ee27a661c58a945f362478af93d.jpg

I'm clearly referring to Estadio Deportivo here when I ask about reliability.

He hasn't nor would I expect him to say that. It's just he hasn't said he wishes to keep him as he has with Eriksen.

There have been many stories linking Trips to multiple clubs, none of which have done fuck all to actually secure the services of the player despite the bollocks of him house hunting in Naples. You chose what you want on how to interpret what is going on, and I'll choose mine.

For my guidance, I'll choose to use the fact that Eriksen has publicly expressed an interest to leave BUT ONLY if it's to a bigger club than us if this doesn't materialise he's happy to stay and negotiate a new deal with us. He is one of our best players and the Manager has publicly stated that he wants him to stay.

As with Tripps, what is guiding me is that he's crap and had a fucking disaster of a season last year. The manager hasn't publicly stated that he wants to keep him and he's been linked with several clubs. I choose to think that is because he is so garbage that those clubs named aren't actually interested in him, and it's us (or his agent) that is putting those links in the public domain in an effort to create some interest (this is a tactic often used, so don't say it isn't).

I've zero proof that it is actually what is going on, just my take. I would have thought that Tripps would be looking forward to meeting his new teammates in Naples now that he has had time to unpack his books in his new house. Oh wait, this hasn't happened yet and pre-season starts now, perhaps he's had to delay the move as his personal effects are stuck on a container ship in the Mediterranean. Or maybe it was just a bit of bullshit fed to create interest? Maybe it has and AM link is real, or maybe that's not. The point is he is being whored around not because he's good but because we want to sell him.

Let's not get drawn into Tripps stat munching, that topic I've coved multiple times over the past few seasons, nothing new can be said what has already been said numerous times, I sure you are well aware of my position by now.
Don’t bother arguing with this guy. He’s got a pea sized brain and flips on his arguments when it pleases him. When he’s arguing against Eriksen, only last season is relevant (because he had a relatively poor season) and when arguing for Trippier you have to look at his whole career. The 67 assists Sammy quoted also considers championship assists. Goes to show what a moron he is

Back
Top Bottom