Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, do you want us to do a Portsmouth or Leeds has now been replaced by we might do a Man City

giphy.gif

A new one for your transfer bingo card , Bill Madrid Bill Madrid
So you think we should either break the laws of the game or run up debt just to make sure that people like Mino riola line their pockets?

Enic/Levy's role ain't just to give you a new Panini sticker to wank over. It's just as much, if not more, to safeguard a football club that was there 100 years before you were born for your kids too. Doing a better job of that than both their predecessors.

Edited to add: there is a reason city are in danger of a ban.and a reason we would get one. We ain't one of the club's UEFA are scared. We ain't one of the club's they consider part of the established order. They showed that 2 weeks ago with the dressing room shenanigans. Let's face it, that wouldn't have happened to AC Milan

Last edited:
Comedy gold from SC:

ghostofarmo, nothing new here though:
Bit of itk
We are definitely after both ndombele and celso..I don’t know yet if it’s both or one or the other but I’m told 50/50 chance of signing..
So it’s not just paper talk.Just passing on I wish I knew more.
Ndombele more advanced talks and 50-50..

edit: the last line came a bit later, maybe he got an update/clarification

:dier:

Hahaha, see also "home-grown quota restrictions" last summer, as every team around us signed foreign player after foreign player after foreign player. Perhaps we should broaden the scope a bit therefore - "We might get done under rules that only apply to Spurs"
But that one was actually real and is a rule that applied to everyone? Others buying foreign players had nothing to do with our own HG issues. We even had to not register players in the CL because of that rule.

I mean, it still exists too and has to be consideration for this year.

FML we can't even the valuation of a championship player.

He’s a raw diamond, but he’s also only a bench warmer in a second rate division. I don’t mind paying exceptional money for exceptional talent like Ndombele and Lo Celso, but if we would do the same for types like Clarke it becomes bad management.

I’m not saying you’re implying we should splash the cash on Clarke, but I am simply predicting that Leeds expects us to in order to get him

From what I've seen of Clarke he doesn't look all that tbh. Yeh a "rough diamond" but we've had this with nkodou and N'jie so I at least want to see something more than that (Sessegnon is an example of a young player that you can clearly see has big potential)

From what I've seen of Clarke he doesn't look all that tbh. Yeh a "rough diamond" but we've had this with nkodou and N'jie so I at least want to see something more than that (Sessegnon is an example of a young player that you can clearly see has big potential)
If we were to get someone from the Championship I'd rather spend 15-20 million on Jarrow Bowen at Hull instead of trying to make Radriazzini realize that Clarke is only worth 13 max.

Bowen is ready for the PL and can play both as a winger and as a striker so he could be that third striking option behind Kane and Son/Lucas.

Ghostofarmo is legit though. He posted that we had signed Dele well before papers even started linkibg him with us. Doesn't constantly post for the attention like Hercules either
Even a broken watch is right twice a day! :pochsulk:
Can’t get my hopes up right now for them to be shattered over us refusing to up our offer above £6.99 paid over 5 years :levyeyes:

The thing with valuations is Levy doesn’t just look at a sale price and slash it in half. There will be a complex formula taking into account, purchase, development, salary, likelihood of success, image rights and sell on fee. Sure he’ll want a deal, who doesn’t but you can bet your bottom dollar our formula is sound as has been our business model to date.

Back
Top Bottom