Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My uncle (massive Utd fan), believes that Dalot is going to have the same career trajectory as Bale (not reach the same heights though) . Start as a full back, and move his way up front as a winger. Honestly, I can see the resemblance, but to me it's highly unlikely...
He’s going to be a top full back. Not good enough going forward I’m a winger sense

It's a tough call for both Levy and Poch. Do you buy for the coming season, do you buy for the future, are Championship players ready for the PL..? Glad it's not my decision.
The answer is to buy for both, but I think we should be more focused on buying for the future.
Because buying at full price is not sustainable. We need to take some chances with that as we first did when Arnesan was the sports director. We strayed from the model when we got rid of Jol because the board wanted instant success. There are good cheap players available in this expensive market but we have to scout them and get them in early.

Dalot was in Porto b team and was promoted because the starting left back Alex Telles was injured and he debuted in the league as left back, not his position, against a title rival in a crucial game and was one of the best players. Just an example. He played 8 games for Porto A team and united paid the release clause. Porto fans were gutted and called him Judas because he had a new contract with a much higher release clause lined up and at the last minute he told the club to fuck off and signed for Manchester. A bad career move.

The answer is to buy for both, but I think we should be more focused on buying for the future.
Because buying at full price is not sustainable. We need to take some chances with that as we first did when Arnesan was the sports director. We strayed from the model when we got rid of Jol because the board wanted instant success. There are good cheap players available in this expensive market but we have to scout them and get them in early.

Agreed and the rumours suggest we are doing that this TW :

First X1 player quality - Ndombele, Lo Celso
Youngster needing final polish - Sessegnon (R)
Promising youngsters - Clarke, Sessegnon ( S)

Back
Top Bottom