Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it boring when people say Eriksen and Dele should never be dropped?
Or only when you read the stuff you don’t like?

The more people keep lying about my stance, the more I will correct them.

I’ve never said either are bad players. I’ve said they are world class on their day but for both that was consistently 2-3 years ago now.

I think Dele lacks application and maturity and Eriksen lacks commitment.
Is there any of that you massively disagree with?
Is that why you are only arguing against me “saying they are shit and hating them”.

People need to grow up to be honest....they don’t like their flip flop opinions being brought back up.

Same people said Eriksen and Dele haven’t been poor, Eriksen is the best midfielder in Europe and his stats prove it, Dele is one of the best young AMs around and neither should ever be dropped.
Then they claim they suffered from fatigue and injuries (even though they wasn’t poor apparently)

“All we need is a CM and a RB”
Then spend the entire last three weeks wanking over Dybala, Lo celso and Bruno Fernandes.
Ahhhhhhhhh so now Dele and Eriksen need a rest? I thought that meant you was a cunt?

“But but but we didn’t have the staff”
No? Funny because I saw Moura tearing the shit out of it and no one cared that he was dropped or subbed.. people rate their favorites and new signings.

Then claim they are “backing the players” while stabbing Lamela and Dier and Skipp in the back.

You’re not a massive fan because you love Dele, Kane and Eriksen but think everyone else is disposable. Same people said the same shit two years ago when I wanted Dele dropped for Son.

People tend to catch up with my views after about half a year, jump on the bandwagon and then start claiming they never said this and that.

When Poch finally says Eriksen is not part of our plans......you will all claim you agree with his decision.
Oh well.
I think you're absolutely right. The question for me, is Eriksen going to sulk in which case he's benched, stat....and will Alli pull his socks up, grow up and play as we all know he can. If not., bench. Pointlessness to play them, talented as they are if they're not firing on all cylinders. We have the depth now to do it.

Isn't Poch just saying that all the windows should be the same, something pretty much 99% of football folk have agreed with .... if we lose two or three players between now and September 2nd it will only be because someone has chucked a huge wedge at DL, Poch knows who his players are running down their contracts he's not an idiot. Pretty sure he will have a Plan A and a Plan B in mind.
It's probably helped us to have Eriksen still here even if it is just for two or three games, the new lads are a long way from being acclimatized to Tottenham Football this gives them a chance to settle in.
Eriksen's last game could be Woolwich as that's the day before the Spanish window closes ... who knows

Peak Poch is wanting a club record transfer for Paulo Dybala to back up Harry Kane at striker and also wanting to clear a path for Juan Foyth to start at right back.
Someone in the transfer thread said he was just going to recreate the Argentinian national team on Spurs rather than take the Argentina job and deal with the AFA.

I meant more that he's a crazy wizard than an obsessive Argie nationalist, but maybe that's also an explanation.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom