Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perfect example of melting. Drawing absolute conclusions out of your own speculation based off a fucking twitter rumour.

Not melting, just pissed off that our club is yet again making a complete pig's ear of a transfer window and seemingly content to stand still.

Ive been patient all summer but it's clear as mud that this wasn't part of the plan. Yet again Levy is worried about saving a few million here, a couple there instead of getting deals done early so that the manager has maximum time with them BEFORE the season starts.

I'm sorry that you don't agree but it is what it is.

Aren't all players mercenaries? They have a very limited time to earn as much as they can, so the financial angle is always front and center. There's a very small minority who end up playing for the team they supported when growing up. And even those will move to greener pastures, if they present themselves.

Eriksen doesn't owe us anything. It's not like we nurtured him and gave him his big chance when no one else would. There were plenty of suitors that would have picked him up, if we hadn't. Whether we like it or not, the only thing Eriksen owes us is to honor his contract and thus far that is what he is doing.

Not sure that is quite true.

Eriksen at Ajax was well regarded but Spurs seemed to be the only ones to go in and grab him - and play and develop him.

So I think Eriksen owes us something for giving him the chance to move from Ajax ( then a club a bit in the doldrums,) whilst Spurs have kept pace with his development by giving him chance to play CL for 4 successive seasons and even getting to CL final.

But not all players will repay the opportunity given to them.

I haven't really read anything angry or depressed in here.
Realisation of facts isn't a sign of anger or depression.

If some one has concluded we've messed up the window for the 20th time in a row, it is just that.
No one is crying into their dinner about it, just pointing it out.

My personal suspicion is it'll be the OTT optimists that end up having the meltdown around November when United sack OGS and take Poch off our hands.

Haha as a New York Knicks fan... this all seems sadly familiar to me.

They don't read the room well, do they?

giphy.gif

The comments make people like here seem calm.

Lol.

Eriksen at Ajax was well regarded but Spurs seemed to be the only ones to go in and grab him - and play and develop him.

So I think Eriksen owes us something for giving him the chance to move from Ajax ( then a club a bit in the doldrums,) whilst Spurs have kept pace with his development by giving him chance to play CL for 4 successive seasons and even getting to CL final.

Is this a joke? Guy's been getting paid peanuts and 50% of his market value in wages for years and not once been involved in anything controversial on or off the pitch - given his all and scored countless important goals, and he owes the club? Come on.

The simple truth is that he's leaving because we wouldn't pay him close to what Utd/Real et al pay their top earners, which obviously makes sense for us, but not for the players.

I would say Eriksen doesn't owe us anything in terms of having to stay. But I think if he has any loyalty to the team at all, then he should at least sign a contract so that we can sell him, instead of leaving us with nothing. I'm sure they could make a gentleman's agreement on that. If he's insisting on not signing a contract to make us let him go on a free, then fuck him.

Aren't all players mercenaries? They have a very limited time to earn as much as they can, so the financial angle is always front and center. There's a very small minority who end up playing for the team they supported when growing up. And even those will move to greener pastures, if they present themselves.

Eriksen doesn't owe us anything. It's not like we nurtured him and gave him his big chance when no one else would. There were plenty of suitors that would have picked him up, if we hadn't. Whether we like it or not, the only thing Eriksen owes us is to honor his contract and thus far that is what he is doing.
Fair point but he's come a long way down from RM if Man Utd is his destination.

Back
Top Bottom