Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry if this has been suggested already, I’m not going to gander through 18 pages of this.

Do we think Asensio’s injury will impact Madrid’s effort in signing Eriksen?

Going to say four cough to this...

O6OpTAZ.jpg

What about you...?

Sissoko instead of Alves

This is absolutely maddening to me, and threatens to make me join the John Thomas John Thomas crowd baying for Levy's blood.

We FUCKING NEED a decent right back. The entire league spent all of last season targeting that position for fun; we need to shut that shit down.

The same was said with Poch at Southampton, when Luke Shaw went from youth to £30M player in a season. Or, Palace last season with Wan-Bissaka. My feeling is - if Poch thinks with distribution of value is best served by spending on midfield/attack, that's 100% fine with me.

Foyth and/or Walker-Peters are both much vaunted youth players, who have shown (my perception) huge promise, if that gives us an extra £20M to complete a Lo Celso, I'm in.

Maybe Poch thinks we're ready to play through the middle more? Kane et al. hardly get on many of Trips crosses did they.

Also, it gives KWP a better shot at it, who I think is almost prototypical ideal physiology for a Poch FB (and will be better than Trippier at peak).

Signed a contract there last year until 2023, Watford are probably asking something like £45m which we won't pay for a squad player.

Doherty at right-back is an interesting option and a much better footballer than Aurier, but expensive as well since he signed a new contract last February, no chance that we will get him for less than £30m

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom