Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dane The Dane
Oh and nice delete of the part where you said I ignored Jan's quotes.....shame I already quoted you though:

You mean these quotes?

"The way our rivals are strengthening this season, we need to be aware of that and we need to level up as well,"

"I'm not saying with new players, but we need to take our levels up and I think we can. I'm the oldest outfield player in the team and I feel very fit. The younger guys can improve even more. It can definitely be our year and we want it to be our year."

Fucking LOL
I haven't deleted anything

Who knows what conjecture could be spinning out there. It's hardly a case to ignore fact and proclaim assumption as the new truth, though....

....Unless it suits the agenda of some people.

Between 03/04 and 13/14 we spent approx £624m on players. 5th Highest in the league, and £80m more than woolwich. In the last 5 seasons, we've spent £254m on players. Doesn't sound like a club that's scared to spend to me.

I think people mean spend big as in higher than 5th highest spenders.
& I wouldn't have thought our net spend wouldn't take us higher than 5th highest.

You don't mind people doing all those things you mentioned above if its pro levy or the clubs transfer policy etc.

Shambles of a summer so far. We can't seem to close deals for any players whatsoever, not even the younger players that should seemingly be our territory. Tottenham fans have deluded themselves into thinking Lamela will be some saviour, when in reality he really isn't that good. His main quality is that he runs a lot, let's be honest

I think people mean spend big as in higher than 5th highest spenders.
& I wouldn't have thought our net spend wouldn't take us higher than 5th highest.

You don't mind people doing all those things you mentioned above if its pro levy or the clubs transfer policy etc.

That's because there's nothing irritating about a positive outlook on a positive situation.

I'm not sure I've ever read anything positive from posters like John - who wants to be dragged down by negative shit when we're currently right up there at the top, new stadium on the way, good players etc? No one likes a negative twat in person, so why should the outlook be any different on a forum.

Regardless though, the obsession people have with net spend is moronic. It literally translates that they would be happier if we gave players away for free, instead of selling them.

That's because there's nothing irritating about a positive outlook on a positive situation.

I'm not sure I've ever read anything positive from posters like John - who wants to be dragged down by negative shit when we're currently right up there at the top, new stadium on the way, good players etc? No one likes a negative twat in person, so why should the outlook be any different on a forum.

Regardless though, the obsession people have with net spend is moronic. It literally translates that they would be happier if we gave players away for free, instead of selling them.
Hey, its up to you how you feel. If you feel its ok to,
ignore fact and proclaim assumption as the new truth to fit an agenda.
So as long as its positive.

Each to their own. As you were.

Well, I was rather following your lead.

If Levy doesn't sign anyone "That's GREAT!" If Levy doesn't sign someone "That's GREAT!"
I'm a bit confused about who is making which point. If we sign another Toby/Wanyama/Eriksen level success story then who the hell is going to get their nose put out of joint by that?
The gist of the (certainly my) argument was that we have the strength in the first team to survive, Winks and Lamela back give us options and if Vince starts bagging goals then we can survive without any big signings.
Just no more Sissoko's.....please.

I'm a bit confused about who is making which point. If we sign another Toby/Wanyama/Eriksen level success story then who the hell is going to get their nose put out of joint by that?
The gist of the (certainly my) argument was that we have the strength in the first team to survive, Winks and Lamela back give us options and if Vince starts bagging goals then we can survive without any big signings.
Just no more Sissoko's.....please.

Just wonder who wanted Sissoko? Surely not poch.

Hey, its up to you how you feel. If you feel its ok to,
ignore fact and proclaim assumption as the new truth to fit an agenda.
So as long as its positive.

Each to their own. As you were.

What fact is being ignored that supports the anti-Levy agenda?

Everyone wants to strengthen the squad, but the better you get, the harder it is. I'm not against signing players, I'm against signing any old players.

There should be a gold star icon option, because this Joe, is the crux of the matter.

Dan Kilpatrick just said as much on ESPN (and Kane said similar)

Kilpatrick was saying that currently Spurs first eleven pretty much picks itself, and who could be brought in who is better than the remainder of the squad and would be prepared to sit on the bench?

Kane said that any player that is brought is must be the "right kind of player" meaning that the ability to gel within the squad was more important than the ability they may add.

For me winning ten of the last eleven games would suggest that we don't really need and Billy Big Bollocks signings. At the end of the day there are sixteen clubs trying to emulate us and not the other way around.

Finally that Dan Thomas is a cunt, of cunts especially asking Kane why is he different from other footballers that go out and get drunk and that are seen in and around town with countless other women. That man wants firing from ESPN as he is always trying to stir shit and provoke in his interviews.

Rose didn't say we need to spend big.

But keep ignoring that you made it up though well played.
He said the complete opposite. Your ethos is not that of the current Spurs set up I'm afraid.

That's why you and others are now distancing yourselves from everything coming out of the club regarding transfers.

The "Oh they're just saying that" mentality.

Must be pretty boring to feel so strongly against the current policy.

He categorically said we need one of these:

6857740_orig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom