Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy Abraham from Chelsea? They're playing a one-striker system and brought in Batshuayi for 30m, doubt he'll get a look in anytime soon. Looks a proper player too, 21 goals for Bristol City in 30 something games

We need a player in the Cantona/Ibrahimovic mould who just has a quality and arrogance about them.

It will be hard but someone of that ilk in the midfield or up top to come off the bench should be what Pochettino is looking to in my humble opinion.

That and a n other midfielder and maybe a defender is all we need.

raw

Yes- exactly! Against the "Top 6" he is invaluable in nullifying their excellent midfielders. But against the smaller sides who aren't trying to attack, he's given the ball in an advanced role and struggles to integrate himself in our attack effectively. He has a hard time redistributing the ball quickly enough. It's like he plays as if he is Lebron or Kobe in an isolation set on the wing- everybody else back off and give me space as I stare this guy down and prepare to break his ankles. And then what? No plan usually- timid ball out to the wing, or a hospital ball to Eriksen in the middle.

At this point, and I am being serious, I would really like to see Winks in for him against all the lesser competition where we don't need two defensive midfielders. It might actually be good for Dembele anyways as he is not quite youthful anymore to play full 90's twice a week anyways.
Maybe Winks is the future, tactical flexibility is key in the squad, I'd support that

Tammy Abraham from Chelsea? They're playing a one-striker system and brought in Batshuayi for 30m, doubt he'll get a look in anytime soon. Looks a proper player too, 21 goals for Bristol City in 30 something games

Quality player, first noticed him a few years back destroying City's youth team. Started as a wide-right forward and was unplayable, like a peak Adebayor but with a better attitude.

With Costa wanting out they surely won't want to sell Abraham; if they did though, there's no better club or manager for an uber-talented young English kid to develop than Pocchettino's Spurs. A lot of British kids at City and Chelsea must get to 18 and realise they're not getting a chance any time soon (hence Solanke rejecting a new deal at Chelsea) so there could be a niche to entice them over with a view to becoming the next Kane, Dier or Alli.

Quality player, first noticed him a few years back destroying City's youth team. Started as a wide-right forward and was unplayable, like a peak Adebayor but with a better attitude.

With Costa wanting out they surely won't want to sell Abraham; if they did though, there's no better club or manager for an uber-talented young English kid to develop than Pocchettino's Spurs. A lot of British kids at City and Chelsea must get to 18 and realise they're not getting a chance any time soon (hence Solanke rejecting a new deal at Chelsea) so there could be a niche to entice them over with a view to becoming the next Kane, Dier or Alli.

Solanke didn't reject Chelsea because he won't be getting a chance, he rejected because they didn't offer him the 50k a week he demanded. Which quite frankly for a youngster is pathetic.

Is he out of contract? Otherwise no chance we're dealing with the Chavs for any of their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom