Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind if we lost moose for a good sum of money. I like him in big games, but not so much in the lesser games. I think Winks, Dier, Rabiot and Vic fighting for that deep midfield pair and Alli/Tielemans fighting for that number 10 spot however would be a tremendous window.

Nah, Dembele is an important member of the squad. I think we'll start phasing him out in favour of Winks but he's still important and a great asset to either like you say play against the big clubs or to bring on late in games to hold onto the ball.

Our most important requirement is to have attacking midfielders/strikers that score regularly. We have not replaced Chadli who was a scoring sub. With Lamela injured we are short in that position and Janssen and others are not scoring.

I wouldn't mind if we lost moose for a good sum of money. I like him in big games, but not so much in the lesser games. I think Winks, Dier, Rabiot and Vic fighting for that deep midfield pair and Alli/Tielemans fighting for that number 10 spot however would be a tremendous window.
Rabiot? the guys starting for a psg team that hammered barca 4-0 you honestly think we have a chance of signing him

My personal conspiracy theory is that he's got issues stemming from propecia use, which I read screws with your metabolism and testosterone. Notice how he became worse once he started going bald then stopped, while on the other hand players like Harry who seem to be embracing their shit hairlines are better than ever... :sonhmm:

It's a surname from West Africa, so maybe it's just a result of more people of West African descent living in Europe? Kind of like how American sports are full of people named Rodriguez/Gomez/Garcia these days because we all started showing up in droves about 40 years ago.
Maybe to do with the French colonisation of Mali and Belgium being in close proximity that you get French and Belgian Dembeles.

FRANCISCO ROMÁN ALARCÓN SUÁREZ
----------S
----------C
----------O

SIGN HIM UP LEVY. THINK OF THE ASSISTS. THE GOALS. THE T-SHIRT SALES FROM LATINO FANS WORLDWIDE. SERÁ UNO DE LOS MEJORES CENTROCAMPISTAS DEL MUNDO.

isco-pass.gif

Just imagine him making that pass to Kane, in the Champions League Final. Hopefully against Real Madrid for dramatic irony.

Maybe to do with the French colonisation of Mali and Belgium being in close proximity that you get French and Belgian Dembeles.
Yeah, that makes sense. Just checked wiki and apparently Moussa's dad is from Mali. He's also named Yaya, oddly and appropriately enough.

Last edited:
No he's not. I watched him against last week against Rennes, he was brilliant. He's their 3rd highest scorer too. He's doing fine.

Unlike you to talk shit.
Just going by the reports I'm reading.
He didn't even make the Cameroon team in the African Nations cup.
But I'm sure you're right about him being a top player.

Last edited:
My old man doesn't rate Dembele but I find myself laughing at the TV when he manoeuvrers out of a situation leaving four players in his wake. Very few players can consistently do that. My Dad's biggest issue with him is the sideways or backwards passing but if no players are running off him what is he to do?

My old man doesn't rate Dembele but I find myself laughing at the TV when he manoeuvrers out of a situation leaving four players in his wake. Very few players can consistently do that. My Dad's biggest issue with him is the sideways or backwards passing but if no players are running off him what is he to do?
Your old man is right

Strange. Dembele definitely passes forward. Maybe your Dad just remembers the Dembele from AVB and Sherwood days when he definitely played safe. Dembele always tends to try and pass forward alot more than sideways or backwards nowadays. Usually down the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom