Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch is working with what he's got, if we had a more liberal wage structure that wasn't tied down by financial necessitates we'd be in for some of the same big boys the other top 6 are but we all have our limitations.

He's always spoken like that though, and it just seems like he enjoys the environment he works in, and dislikes the idea of being a Mourinho/Guardiola.

Our wage structure may 'grow' over time as our squad improves, but the artificial environment of £1m/month created by the teams burning money? We'd be silly to try and replicate that. I can't think of many players earning that who have loyalty and passion - it just doesn't come across as a recipe for anything but very short term success (if at all).

Kovacic is more than gettable with £50,000,000 in the bank. It would be a real show of ambition too.

Obviously we don't know if Poch is interested but he's the Dembele replacement we would need.

Walker leaving makes me sad. Being Pep's first choice right back must bring a bit of pressure, Dani Alves, Lahm, Walker.

He'll double his wage and we will hopefully strengthen in other areas whilst having somebody who can step in already who's more dangerous (at both ends unfortunately) in Trippier.

Im really hoping we keep hold of Alderwiereld this window though, Madrid selling Pepe and needing another world class centre back scares me. He's the most valuable defender in the league for me and I'm praying he sings a contract soon.

Deeply uninspiring on past record. 0 international caps and often loaned out by managers who didn't think he was good enough (yet). Can anyone tell reasons me why I'm wrong?

Not been given a chance? He was given one at Milan, who had a team full of players wanting to prove themselves following loans and played relatively well last year.

I like his style of play. Creative, low centre of gravity etc but £19,000,000 seems alot for a player who is definitely a bench player.

Deeply uninspiring on past record. 0 international caps and often loaned out by managers who didn't think he was good enough (yet). Can anyone tell reasons me why I'm wrong?

We are bargain shoppers. Maybe our scouts and Poch think he can fit into our system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom