Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumours are true about Aubameyang I think we need to go all out to intercept that one. The guy is absolute class and would make Liverpool a serious attacking threat next season along with Mane. Plus he's exactly the sort of marque signing we need.

Didn't he say he would never sign for Spurs because of the way Levy fucked about with him in previous negotiations when we showed interest before?

Plus he's exactly the sort of marque signing we need.

All this obsession over Marque's. Are we planning a garden party?

Borrisoleigh-Marquee-hire.jpg

Is he even good enough for Everton? I am not convinced they couldn't do better. If we sign him I will be gutted. I think people who want him on here and clueless.

He was before Koeman got the job.

He's younger than Kane, and was spoke of just as highly a year or so ago, so I can see the appeal.

To me Barkley seems to have a good bit of skill and strength but a worrying lack of footballing intelligence. I'm not sure that is something that Poch could fix. I think there is better value out there.

I don't exactly see why we would need Barkley tbh. Would much prefer us targetting a direct attack minded midfielder that has pace and can drible over another Alli like attacking midfielder(who is nowhere near as good as Dele). Barkley is good but nah would rather other targets we have been linked with.

To me Barkley seems to have a good bit of skill and strength but a worrying lack of footballing intelligence. I'm not sure that is something that Poch could fix. I think there is better value out there.
Aye. English player comes with an English price tag as well. In his last year of his contract he's worth nowhere near the figures being suggested.
He's been around the PL a long time now & hasn't really hit the top notes. Maybe Poch could push him that extra 10% to be a class act...but maybe he can't if the bad habits are already ingrained.

"Manchester United will offer £183m plus their 26-year-old goalkeeper David de Gea in exchange for Ronaldo and Spain striker Alvaro Morata."

Seriously these transfer rumours are just getting beyond parody now.

I could see £100m + DdG for CR and Morata being conceivably fair value, but that's only because I can't see a 32 year old Ronaldo being worth that much more than £100m (and only that due to marketing reasons)

"Manchester United will offer £183m plus their 26-year-old goalkeeper David de Gea in exchange for Ronaldo and Spain striker Alvaro Morata."

Seriously these transfer rumours are just getting beyond parody now.
Alternatively, United will offer Spain international De Gea and £175m for Ronaldo and pursue Morata, 24, in a separate deal. (Daily Mirror)

Now then, my maths ain't great...but if that's right, they are valuing Morata at £8 million in the first deal if they are happy to pursue him separately in the Daily Mirror's scenario?

:angryscouser:

Yep. It's silly season.

:goonermong:

He was before Koeman got the job.

He's younger than Kane, and was spoke of just as highly a year or so ago, so I can see the appeal.

Yeah but that's the thing for me, he was a promising prospect two or three years ago but he hasn't progressed. Koeman is a decent manager so I don't think that's the problem. If Kane was working under Koeman he would still have progressed if played, as he would under any manager. Barkley just hasn't lived up to the hype from a few years ago. Poch is the best manager at developing players, but he only has the raw materials that he has to work with.

At the money being talked about a couple of years ago Barkley would have been a fair bet, but now we're looking at paying more money for a player who has not fulfilled his potential over the last couple of years. It just seems a mental idea to me.

Terrorist cunt, Brexit cunt, heatwave cunt, Julian Assange cunt, Qatar and Trump cunt, politics cunt.

No Yids in the England U21 team cunt.

Cunt to the north, south, east and west. 360º cunt.

Stop schnorring Levy. Sign Lamar and Sessegnon and tell City to eat your fucking hole. Pay Toby what he wants.

Only Levy can stop the cunt. Stop the cunt Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom