Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

And he's already based in London. If he's well advised he'll come to us.

Edit: He'd probably get in the dippers team before us though. They haven't got a left back.

I think he'd play as a wide midfielder initially, like how Jol used Bale at first. It's very risky to trust a young kid as a full back as one mistake can cost a goal.

I think he'd play as a wide midfielder initially, like how Jol used Bale at first. It's very risky to trust a young kid as a full back as one mistake can cost a goal.

In our 352 he could play LWB in the knowledge that Verts is effectively doing the cover job. In 4231 he would be a proper LB and that is where his experience could be shown up.

Long term with his attacking threat he might be more competing with Son than Rose.

So the media peddled that we had no depth of squad in January and many people snapped it up.

We've absolutely destroyed teams this season.....massacred them.

We've had Kane miss 11 weeks and won every game he was out. Rose out since January and lost 3 games in all competitions in the four months since.

Walker been in and out the team.....hasnt affected us.
6-1 away without Eriksen.
Even prospects like Winks getting injured and we coped, being able to even use Dembele sparingly towards the end of the season.

I think we have an interesting window coming up, in terms of which fringe players are deemed surplus, and which back up can come in that Pochettino will actually use.

I find it funny how we can have a season like this, with injuries that we've had, but a supposedly weak squad.

Trippier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Nkoudo, Janssen. Take a bow.

So the media peddled that we had no depth of squad in January and many people snapped it up.

We've had Kane miss 11 weeks and won every game he was out. Rose out since January and lost 3 games in all competitions in the four months since.

Even prospects like Winks getting injured and we coped, being able to even use Dembele sparingly towards the end of the season.

I think we have an interesting window coming up, in terms of which fringe players are deemed surplus, and which back up can come in that Pochettino will actually use.

I find it funny how we can have a season like this, with injuries that we've had, but a supposedly weak squad.

Most people believe any old cobblers. I remember after the league cup defeat at Anfield people were saying how much stronger their squad was than ours. Look at it now. We've just blown teams away with different formations and line ups. So flexible. I've not seen the like in my time. Amazing.

Most people believe any old cobblers. I remember after the league cup defeat at Anfield people were saying how much stronger their squad was than ours. Look at it now. We've just blown teams away with different formations and line ups. So flexible. I've not seen the like in my time. Amazing.
Obviously I'm pleased Woolwich have finished 5th but I really wanted Liverpool to miss out too. The amount of hype they've had since Klopp arrived has massively outweighed their achievements and it's a bit annoying that they can now say he's a success because they're back in the Champions League. They've massively downgraded their expectations from the start of the season and it's to disguise the fact that 4th is scarcely good enough for them.

They did look good at the start of the season but have just fucked it up completely since then.

Obviously I'm pleased Woolwich have finished 5th but I really wanted Liverpool to miss out too. The amount of hype they've had since Klopp arrived has massively outweighed their achievements and it's a bit annoying that they can now say he's a success because they're back in the Champions League. They've massively downgraded their expectations from the start of the season and it's to disguise the fact that 4th is scarcely good enough for them.

They did look good at the start of the season but have just fucked it up completely since then.

Yep, they've scraped by, playing some ropey stuff at times. They'll still struggle to qualify imo. Klopp still hasn't sorted their defence out and there aren't any signs he'll do it anytime soon.

Yep......the Utd defeat away some screaming about how Utd were going to catch us in a week and top four was unlikely. Drew 4 and we were heading for mid table.

The only players Id let go is Wimmer and thats not my view, as I like him and feel he got it harsh this year, but Im with the manager, so thats that I guess. I feel Onomah is done sadly and I guess Njie will be gone....you just never know though and I like that.

Minimal changes. How can anyone not want more of this?!

This is true but doesn't mean we cannot improve. I still maintain we need a quality addition to help materialise this squad's tremendous potential into actual trophies which is essentially what matters for these players. This team is way too good not to win anything.

Nah let Liverpool have their day and fuck the dirty gooner cunts and their Thursday night fusbal

I watched Woolwich vs Everton last night cause it is the one that broadcasted here, and i couldnt get any stream for Tottenham game.
And i gotta say, Barkley looks awful. Had he been decent, they would have salvage something from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom