Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the match thread is 2 weeks and 10 pages old......there really isnt much to talk about the game at the minute.

Feels like we are on the brink of a decent signing

I'm positive the game of football that contributes to our finishing position will happen first!

We have yet again seen the same old story with a transfer window, 950 pages of bulllshit, whereas tomorrow we know where the game is happening, who may line up for us and Newcastle etc, more tangible activity to respond to

The transfers will come when Levy wants, so leave the fucker to it, just like the pre internet days

If we are ABLE to pick up where we left off at the end of last season (without Walker OR Rose remember) then we'll be just peachy...
I think the opening couple of games are gonna set the tone for the season.
We need to get a win at Wembley asap...

Tomorrow is only a must win 'cos they ALL are these days!

Will still be too much for a young English international player. Yet we paid 25 million for Lamela - hmmmm...
I think it is a parallel with today's market. Sigy for £45m plus at 27. I said before, 4 yr contract and decent performances, he will be worth £50m plus in Jan.
The two clubs should meet half way. No excuses.

You just know the moment we starting spending £150-£200m on players, Sky will run an article saying Spurs have lost their identity by not bringing through youth. Its inevitable.

Why is Koeman doing all his bidding in the newspapers?

What a moron....if you want to tell Levy something, pick up the phone (take note Danny Rose)

To be fair, Ive not heard a peep out of Wenger this window.....he and Poch the only two with any dignity of the top clubs

One thing that does interest me with the players we have been linked with is pace and power

Sanchez: looks like the quickest strongest CB in Europe, insane from videos

Barkley: not lighting quick but quick with good strength

Keita Balde: speedy

Pereira: like Kyle Walker

Was worried playing on a larger pitch to play our style throughout the season we would need more athletes in games, seems like based on reported targets the club understands this and is trying to sort it out.
There's more than one way to view it. Think most people are overly obsessed with pace, mainly only attribute it in an attacking sense too. Pace is completely redundant in attack against teams that sit deep, Salah and Mane are revered for their pace, doesn't stop them getting spanked by 7 of the bottom 10 last season. I bet they will face more teams this season that will choose to sit deep and counter them, if Cuntinho goes they will miss him more that pace as they will need his skills to unlock the door (valuable in all game but more so against a low block).

But Sanchez pace I suspect is important to us, because Poch will not change his philosophy, he will continue with a high-line even against Liverpool, so this is where the pace will be seen as important. Walker and Rose goes without saying but there again, the most important feature is to be able to run up and down the line all game, no point doing it for first 45min, then getting killed 2nd half. This is what has most impressed me about Davies, not as quick as Rose but throughout the entire game his at 100%.

So, I think the attribute most important to Poch (outside of the ability to kick a ball) is athleticism, whoever the player that runs at the highest intensity for the longest is what he is looking for as a basic raw material.

Why is Koeman doing all his bidding in the newspapers?

What a moron....if you want to tell Levy something, pick up the phone (take note Danny Rose)

To be fair, Ive not heard a peep out of Wenger this window.....he and Poch the only two with any dignity of the top clubs
Its because Koeman does not like us: Obviously totally envious Poch as a manager who pisses all over Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom