Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking weird, man
200.webp

He's got 12 months left on his contract. If the entire market wasn't bending over backwards to prove who can pay more for bang average talent then I would say that even 20m pounds is over the odds for a player set to move on a free next summer.

I'm not convinced by Barkley, but if it means we lose Sissoko then I'll be happy.

This summer window has sent all owners a bit bonkers when it comes to putting a price tag on their players, hasn't it... :pochrolleyes:

Since Barkley is currently injured, and probably won't return until the season is already underway, Levy will probably let this go right down until to the wire on deadline day.

Oh there's been lot saying that IF we don't make any signings they'd be happy to go with what we have. Trust in Poch and so on. Have faith in the youth....the threads riddled with it.

We need to enhance the depth, but the squad doesn't need major surgery. We are operating in a market which is outrageously over-priced, for players to give us options. When our first 11 picks itself.

Should we spunk 30,40 or 50 million just for the sake of it? If the manager trusts the players and the chairman then surely he's earned the right to make that call?

We have over achieved somewhat, punching above our weight financially. Yes, we have money. But we also have a massive, fuck-off stadium to finance.

Fergie for years only made slight changes to his core, successful team. Worth considering.

We cannot compete with the money bags.

What are we supposed to do?

We have arguably the best squad in the league, which he improved year on year WITH European completion. Let's see these cunts do that, and improve.

They can spend stupid money, but they need to.

We don't. IMO.

Probably need another right back though. But hey, there's ALL of August for that. Window is open for ages.

Let's not melt.

Sometimes I wonder if some forum folk support the wrong team.

Big fan of the biggest Swedish paper writing that Everton (yes, Everton) are interested in signing Barkley from Everton (again, yes) along with gooners, chavs and yanited.

No mention of auld tottenham

Are those views mutually exclusive then?

I think the squad needs strengthening but IF etc etc.....

The only split on here are those that will have a monumental melt down if we don't sign anyone and those that'd take it on the chin and trust Poch/levy know what they're doing.
So we can all finally agree, each and every one of us, our squad needs strengthening. Allehfuckinluyah!!!

Barkley is worth few quid less late August, less than 10 months on his contract. I have got the feeling he's coming to Spurs, he is Poch's style of player, for around £20-25m. He may even score the winner in his debut against his old club at Goodison 9 Sept.

I don't see how any of that amounts to "don't sign anyone". The truth is that there is a certain breed of fan that isn't happy if we don't spunk loads of cash on half a dozen world class signings after the last day of the season. That will find some way to keep moaning.
Slight exaggeration there, Salmon.

Big fan of the biggest Swedish paper writing that Everton (yes, Everton) are interested in signing Barkley from Everton (again, yes) along with gooners, chavs and yanited.

No mention of auld tottenham

In fairness, Everton do want to sign him, he's just not interested

you been on the Schnapps?
most goals scored
least conceded
huge points tally, enough to have won the PL in other years
nearly 100% home record
including some of the best football Ive ever seen

I do know what an overrated season looks like. 2005-06 when we got 5th. Only 2 really good performances in the whole PL season. Lost 1st matches in League and FA cup (inc at Grimsby).

Last season the absolute antithesis of that.
It was a great season, but fans act as if we're the best team in the country

and all our direct rivals have improved a lot
Just like we had no chance competing last season with a rejuvenated Man U having signed Pogba and Zlatan. City were going to steamroll the league, and Liverpool were early favorites too.

Wind your head in. They "strengthen" every season but it barely makes a difference on the field. The last two League Champions both had zero European football to distract them; there's no such distinction to worry about next season. We should be able to exorcise the disadvantage of playing at Wembley within the first handful of games, and it will still be less of a disadvantage than losing Harry Kane for half of last season and starting the season without the suspended Dembele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom