Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that although I definitely warm to the idea of Isco/Barkley and also would welcome what Zaha might add that Sissoko and N'Koudou haven't, that the key requisite for us is the presence any signing may bring.

We do not lack quality per se (although a slight improvement in overall terms is needed) but I feel that at times we lack a player who, when they step on the pitch you think YEP, we got nothing to fear and every chance of prevailing.

It's a rare brand of player and that is why confidence bordering on justified arrogance might just be critical in choosing who that person is.

I have to say that although I definitely warm to the idea of Isco/Barkley and also would welcome what Zaha might add that Sissoko and N'Koudou haven't, that the key requisite for us is the presence any signing may bring.

We do not lack quality per se (although a slight improvement in overall terms is needed) but I feel that at times we lack a player who, when they step on the pitch you think YEP, we got nothing to fear and every chance of prevailing.

It's a rare brand of player and that is why confidence bordering on justified arrogance might just be critical in choosing who that person is.
I also agree that we should sign players based on platitudes.

TBH that's how I feel about pretty much all of our starting 11. With a fully fit team we shouldn't fear anyone. We could do with strengthening the overall squad for sure but I don't see us signing anybody that could walk into the first team by replacing an existing starter.

No such player really exists.

It's back #ITK

Ali Z - On Danny Rose - City are interested but they also want a few other prem players that play in North London not for us ....I know a really good friend of Danny's who says Danny felt under valued by Redknapp and AVB and loves Poch, I asked him and he said Danny knows others interested but did not seem fussed about moving.

Win some silverware and there would be no reason to leave.

Its all well and good having a plan in place, shiny new stadium, loving manager etc but if you don't win anything, you're going to get the feeling that you want to move to win something.

Rose and Kane I believe have both said they want trophies. Obviously they'd love them at Spurs but if it comes to it and 2 or 3 years down the line, we still haven't, it'll be weighing on the players minds.

Win some silverware and there would be no reason to leave.

Its all well and good having a plan in place, shiny new stadium, loving manager etc but if you don't win anything, you're going to get the feeling that you want to move to win something.

Rose and Kane I believe have both said they want trophies. Obviously they'd love them at Spurs but if it comes to it and 2 or 3 years down the line, we still haven't, it'll be weighing on the players minds.

It is the final step. The real glue but the issue for us is just having in our rank that kind of player who for years has become associated with brand THFC.

Bizarrely our recent highs have been achieved without such a player (Alli may become it but......)

If we had right now a Ginola, Bale, Hoddle or Gascoigne , we would be closer still. A 31 year old Berbatov without the sulks and we would win something without doubt.

It is these type of players in terms of presence that we lack.

It is the final step. The real glue but the issue for us is just having in our rank that kind of player who for years has become associated with brand THFC.

Bizarrely our recent highs have been achieved without such a player (Alli may become it but......)

If we had right now a Ginola, Bale, Hoddle or Gascoigne , we would be closer still. A 31 year old Berbatov without the sulks and we would win something without doubt.

It is these type of players in terms of presence that we lack.
Kane is better than all of the players you name. Eriksen is too, in what he does. Berbatov is not, and has never been, as good as out current best players.

Hard truth: Our current team is the best we've had since the double-winners, and in truth the best that has ever worn the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom