Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine we'll see another raft of new deals for players like Kane, Alli, Dier, Son over the course of the next 6 months as well that will probably eat up the £40m.
Oh..so when the Premier league dished out the tv billions, they forget to include us I guess. Not to mention the Nike, AIA and other mega revenue streams.
So, we're not only in the unique position of having to use player sales to generate our only transfer funds, we now have to use player sales to fund the wages of those that are left.
Our financial position must be more precarious than I thought.

Happy to ditch the deadwood and give increases to many deserving in our squad. Earning their pay seems so much more logical than giving them £250k pw to perform below par like many others at so called bigger sides.

Just tell them all they can have 5k per week bonus for every goal that Vinny scores next season
:townhmm:

Might see someone pass him the ball that way!

Oh..so when the Premier league dished out the tv billions, they forget to include us I guess. Not to mention the Nike, AIA and other mega revenue streams.
So, we're not only in the unique position of having to use player sales to generate our only transfer funds, we now have to use player sales to fund the wages of those that are left.

I know you don't believe it exists, but...

The truth behind Tottenham's new stadium costs

No idea what those ratings are. Don't care either.

I don't think he's good enough. He's not creative enough in the final third, he's not a great shooter, and he's not got experience pressing. If he joins he will have missed all the time Pochettino needed to train him, so he's not going to be having an instant impact. At that point, I'd rather give the minutes to our prospects who won't be making an instant impact either, but at least will get better and make that impact eventually.

Sorry, I just don't rate him as worth the fees touted. And I think he could block the players we already have.

He's not creative enough in the final third, he's not a great shooter, and he's not got experience pressing.

Barkley was the tenth highest in the PL for assists last season. Of the other nine, six would be earning well over 200k a week, which leaves Eriksen, Zaha, and Siggy. So in truth possibly the second best target we could get for the money, and who is available now.

he's not got experience pressing

Which of our players was experienced at the pressing style of Poch before he became manager at Spurs. Name me one of them. Just one lonely poor soul that was playing a pressing game?

And I think he could block the players we already have.

Poch said when you sign for Spurs you sign a contract to train with the team, i see fuck all wrong with being at a survival of the fittest and best club. That method has got us to where we are today.

Your argument shot to fucking pieces, now fuck off back to your Championship Manager game.

Barkley was the tenth highest in the PL for assists last season. Of the other nine, six would be earning well over 200k a week, which leaves Eriksen, Zaha, and Siggy. So in truth possibly the second best target we could get for the money, and who is available now.

Which of our players was experienced at the pressing style of Poch before he became manager at Spurs. Name me one of them. Just one lonely poor soul that was playing a pressing game?

Poch said when you sign for Spurs you sign a contract to train with the team, i see fuck all wrong with being at a survival of the fittest and best club. That method has got us to where we are today.

Your argument shot to fucking pieces, now fuck off back to your Championship Manager game.
OWNED

Being dismissive of any player without studying his game, season and general all round game is fucking nonsensical.

Far too many stupid fuckers in here act like they want Alan Sugar signing Carlos Kick A Balls all because they come from a club with a dozen fucking z's in their name, have greasy hair and are bow legged.

Look where that has got us over the past thirty years.

We're probably going to have to increase Kane from £100k to £200k, Alli and Dier from £50k to £150k - so £300k over 5 years is £75m extra to find.

No other club working to any kind of budget will need to do similar to keep their squad together.

Ah, the ever reliable "Diario Gol"

Yeah, I've never fucking heard of it either.
It's a pisspoor online sports "newspaper", a subsidiary of an online finance and economics "newspaper".

A Spanish HITC essentially.

The "article" about Alli and FCB is "4 Good midfielders who Barcelona might want", a bit like if I wrote one about Spurs and put say Hazard, Griezmann, Dybala and Kroos on the list on the basis that they're all, y'know, a bit good

Washing Daniel's car ?

Aye full valet. He was chuffed

klevy.jpg

He said he's ran out of heating oil for that Rayburn, so he's been using transfer funds to keep the thing lit.

Do you trust the manager?
Yes or no?

If yes, can you stop posting the same thing every day and be happy for him to build his team the way he sees fit?

Or no, don't.......as this is a democracy, post away.

Has anyone heard that John Thomas wants signings?

Why don't you tell some people John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom