Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely in for Ronaldo chat.

69c5a9a4f39428a6e52a1fded6856846.jpg

Mesmerising.
I'd pick him over Messi or the lesser Ronaldo every day of the week.

I'd pick him over Messi or the lesser Ronaldo every day of the week.

He is like the dribbling of Messi and the deadly predatory instincts of Ronaldo in one player. Capable of every kind of goal, from anywhere on the pitch, free kicks, penalties. Done it in every league and in every competition.

Really depends who stays and goes.
Don’t want a last minute deal like Walker going leaving us short.
Poch seems to be learning and levy is quite savvy but we still sometimes get done (bale, sissoko)
1st 11 not sold:
Spend 40 Mil
1 sticker (defoe would have been my option but rather experience who wont upset kane)
1 left back / winger to support Rose / push Davies
Walker goes
Same as above add a little more to the pot and buy a replacement
Dier goes
This poch will have to figure out with his back 3 system and what the startig 11 and formation is preferred.

Maybe Toby goes??

1st 11: Lloris, walker, rose, dier, jan, toby, wanyama, dembele, erik, dele, kane
Think sisoko, lamela, son + winks could cover a lot of midfield/ attacking positions and very close to starting 11
Defence; wimmer, davies and trippier not quite 1st team but as you dont rotate defence as much good back up.
Striker: Giving Jan a chance and not hiring another prodigy but an experienced scorer who doesnt expect 90 mins every game.

Would need to be a really good player to break into our starting 11 and hope we strengthen depth rather than 1 big spend although always nice to see another big star arrive...

Add our youth prospects as always :)

He is like the dribbling of Messi and the deadly predatory instincts of Ronaldo in one player. Capable of every kind of goal, from anywhere on the pitch, free kicks, penalties. Done it in every league and in every competition.

The complete forward. Il fenomeno.

Shame that you have to pretty much Google his full name to find anything on him now without the Portuguese one dominating links

The complete forward. Il fenomeno.

Shame that you have to pretty much Google his full name to find anything on him now without the Portuguese one dominating links

To be fair, Ronaldo (Portugal) will go down as one of the greatest footballers in history, consistently fighting at the top of the game for 10 years. Ridiculous amount of records broken, ridiculous goal scoring record and around at a time where internet is at it's strongest, along with social media so it makes sense.

Really depends who stays and goes.
Don’t want a last minute deal like Walker going leaving us short.
Poch seems to be learning and levy is quite savvy but we still sometimes get done (bale, sissoko)
1st 11 not sold:
Spend 40 Mil
1 sticker (defoe would have been my option but rather experience who wont upset kane)
Walker goes
Dier goes
This poch will have to figure out with his back 3 system and what the startig 11 and formation is preferred.

Maybe Toby goes??

1st 11: Lloris, walker, rose, dier, jan, toby, wanyama, dembele, erik, dele, kane
Think sisoko, lamela, son + winks could cover a lot of midfield/ attacking positions and very close to starting 11
Defence; wimmer, davies and trippier not quite 1st team but as you dont rotate defence as much good back up.
Striker: Giving Jan a chance and not hiring another prodigy but an experienced scorer who doesnt expect 90 mins every game.

Would need to be a really good player to break into our starting 11 and hope we strengthen depth rather than 1 big spend although always nice to see another big star arrive...

giphy.gif

We were linked for what? £7,000,000?

ONE THAT GOT AWAY.

Nevertheless, Tudor was not impressed with the way the 22-year-old behaved on and off the pitch while under his charge.

"I like Bruma a lot, he is still young, but already a top player," Tudor told Bild.

"But the fact is that there are 20 more players in a squad. They all listen to you, except Bruma.

"I played with Ibrahimovic at some point and have experienced a lot throughout my career.

begambleaware-120x12.png

"But I have never seen someone behave like Bruma. It might be the way he was raised. He crossed a line."

Yeah, I'm sure Poch would have loved him.

Walker goes
Dier goes

Maybe Toby goes??

tottenham-hotspur-jermain-defoe-447-merlin-2007-f.a.-premier-league-07-football-sticker-37300-p.jpg

:allitongue:

Just for the latest roundup of gossip from around the interwebs, from various sources of people who claim to have some links to information. Got bored, so a lot of info is from both sides:
  • We've allegedly got no interest in Ginter
  • Lemar is going to join Woolwich, and betting companies now have that as 'odds-on'. Down to wages, apparently.
  • We've apparently made an offer for Alfie Mawson
  • Barkley is looking unlikely, probably due to Everton's valuation, but some 'sources' on the Everton side say he's likely to have signed an extension already.
  • Walker thing has gone quiet
  • Sessegnon thing has gone quiet, but last I read suggested he was due to stay at Fulham for another season
  • Papers say we've bid for Meyer, but are quoting the amount they are paying for Bentaleb
Nothing else on the horizon, but I imagine it might pick up in a week when pre-season starts and players come back from their hollibobs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom