Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there were people face palming the posters for not knowing that running/molasses is COMMON ref to being slow. Mollusks? lol. It's embarrassing. I'd much rather be a cunt than be fucking clueless :) By the way, who wants to claim that Alli, Kane, Dembele, Eriksen and Dier are collectively fast? And bunching them together against speedy Chelsea was a good idea?

My claim is we have excellent players. But Poch bunches our SLOWEST players. Handing every manager in the prem a gameplan to attack us. Park the buss, break with pace. Poch does not see it. Neither do any of you.

And Poch just sold our fastest starting 11 player. I haven't changed my tune again. Alli was blasted past/fouled. 1-0. We were up against it in the opening game on another big pitch. People gloss over we won vs 10 men. That saved our bacon because we were dogshit in that game.

Lloris careless distribution from the back? Pace slices though us. 2-1. Not sure why people didn't quote my "Poch's distribution from the back tactics are a liability" tweets? Hmmm. Seems pretty selective eh?

Or my "Concentrate after scoring" tweets? Where they got us soon after we scored? More selective tweets. But whats funny about the mass post about my pace tweets: The FACT is Chelsea's pace DID fuck us. So my warnings about pace were correct. But still I get shit for it? Go and watch Alli's foul. Chelsea scum have BAGS of pace. Why didn't Poch set us up to combat it?

Since I've been melting...and I am melting, because this team is easily good enough for the title...regardless of signings: We have not been playing consistent. We were hemorrhaging goals on tour. All of the lolcats are doing their little dance, ignoring the warning signs. Yet again...

Mark my words...since you are all still obsessed. Poch is in trouble. Selling Walker...Talking about even slower players like Siggy in the summer? He does NOT get it that we need pace to help slower BRILLIANT players like Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Kane.

Lolcats are relying too hard on my notoriety to admit the blatantly obvious. Just like the tiny dancers Soldado, Lennon, Townsend etc were OBVIOUSLY bad a year later and you could not drop it.

I warned about pace/physics/Wembley size. Lolcats mewled with mirth.

Unbeatable at WHL.

Loss on our first Wembley game.

It's another moment...Another gotta trust ole Gibbsy moment.
Eat shit, maggot

And Barkley - we desperately need pace going forward

That corpulent guy with a hamstring issue will fix our lack of pace?

When The Telegraph listed the 20 players who had recorded the highest max speed in the 15/16 season, there were no Barkley on the list. But Eriksen as #10.

And Sissoko #1.

After the 16/17 season The Mirror listed the top five players on recorded max speed in each PL club. Barkley did not make the top 5 at Everton. 5 of our guys were faster than their fifth fastest. Among them was Kane, Janssen aaaaand Sissoko.

I haven't got the numbers for Son or Alli, but I'm quite certain they too have more pace than Barkley.

That corpulent guy with a hamstring issue will fix our lack of pace?

When The Telegraph listed the 20 players who had recorded the highest max speed in the 15/16 season, there were no Barkley on the list. But Eriksen as #10.

And Sissoko #1.

After the 16/17 season The Mirror listed the top five players on recorded max speed in each PL club. Barkley did not make the top 5 at Everton. 5 of our guys were faster than their fifth fastest. Among them was Kane, Janssen aaaaand Sissoko.

I haven't got the numbers for Son or Alli, but I'm quite certain they too have more pace than Barkley.
The fact that a footballing potato like Sissoko is top of the speed list confirms my suspicion that in and of itself, pace is an overrated virtue.

Skill trumps pace, every time

Not surprising about Balde, he rejected AC Milan for Juventus, doubt he would want to join Spurs.

PSG about to sign MBappe it seems. I again insist that we should be all over Draxler! Unless wages become a huge factor. He will be a great signing if we get rid of Sissoko and N'Koudou. Massive upgrade on those two and if he hits his potential, could be a definite push on Sonny for a place in the team.

I really hope we get PSG in the champions league and beat them! I don't care about clubs spending money beyond their means, but the way they did it for Neymar to get around FFP is a slap on the face of the game!

A group of Barcelona, PSG and Spurs would be epic. With Spurs and Barcelona going through!

Not surprising about Balde, he rejected AC Milan for Juventus, doubt he would want to join Spurs.

PSG about to sign MBappe it seems. I again insist that we should be all over Draxler! Unless wages become a huge factor. He will be a great signing if we get rid of Sissoko and N'Koudou. Massive upgrade on those two and if he hits his potential, could be a definite push on Sonny for a place in the team.

You never know, we could have a VDV signing like this up our sleeve. The meltdown on deadline day for someone like Draxler would be class

This doubtful ITK-wannabe Cal (@hotspur83) said this about Balde a week ago, he wants to stay in Italy, and has held it. If Celtic-Dembele arrives he´s the most legit ITK this season at least.

I know there were people face palming the posters for not knowing that running/molasses is COMMON ref to being slow. Mollusks? lol. It's embarrassing. I'd much rather be a cunt than be fucking clueless :) By the way, who wants to claim that Alli, Kane, Dembele, Eriksen and Dier are collectively fast? And bunching them together against speedy Chelsea was a good idea?

My claim is we have excellent players. But Poch bunches our SLOWEST players. Handing every manager in the prem a gameplan to attack us. Park the buss, break with pace. Poch does not see it. Neither do any of you.

And Poch just sold our fastest starting 11 player. I haven't changed my tune again. Alli was blasted past/fouled. 1-0. We were up against it in the opening game on another big pitch. People gloss over we won vs 10 men. That saved our bacon because we were dogshit in that game.

Lloris careless distribution from the back? Pace slices though us. 2-1. Not sure why people didn't quote my "Poch's distribution from the back tactics are a liability" tweets? Hmmm. Seems pretty selective eh?

Or my "Concentrate after scoring" tweets? Where they got us soon after we scored? More selective tweets. But whats funny about the mass post about my pace tweets: The FACT is Chelsea's pace DID fuck us. So my warnings about pace were correct. But still I get shit for it? Go and watch Alli's foul. Chelsea scum have BAGS of pace. Why didn't Poch set us up to combat it?

Since I've been melting...and I am melting, because this team is easily good enough for the title...regardless of signings: We have not been playing consistent. We were hemorrhaging goals on tour. All of the lolcats are doing their little dance, ignoring the warning signs. Yet again...

Mark my words...since you are all still obsessed. Poch is in trouble. Selling Walker...Talking about even slower players like Siggy in the summer? He does NOT get it that we need pace to help slower BRILLIANT players like Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Kane.

Lolcats are relying too hard on my notoriety to admit the blatantly obvious. Just like the tiny dancers Soldado, Lennon, Townsend etc were OBVIOUSLY bad a year later and you could not drop it.

Unbeatable at WHL.

Please go to a doctor

Unbeatable at WHL.

I assume you think Aurier will be a good buy for us?

Who would you buy/target, if you could?

I feel for Pochettino. He's all about fighting with your heart and playing with your heart. It must really bother him how football is turning out.

I back Poch and his sentiment and I'd absolutely hate to see a great man throw money at it because everyone else has sold out.

Don't do it Poch! Only people that value your ethics in a tainted footballing world!

Player taking whole family with him to London as he signs for Tottenham - Sport Witness

So he was supposed to fly in Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, then he was waiting for Spurs to send his flight tickets over to him, now he's waiting until Friday or Saturday so he can bring his Mum and Dad with him. These journalists really are full of shit aren't they!

And they needed to get a degree to do so. What a joke
With the speed solicitors move at when you buy a house we'll be lucky to have him before next season

:myword:

Unbeatable at WHL.

i have a friend who can give you a mental health examination and commit you if necessary, it would be in the public interest gibbs131 for this to happen!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom