Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can trace the demise of nabils relationship with poch to
This is when he started giving it charly big spuds

It started when he went to the papers and said how he wants to be rewarded with a new contract worthy of his performances from the previous season and said how several Champions League clubs are showing interest and how flattering it was...

It started when he went to the papers and said how he wants to be rewarded with a new contract worthy of his performances from the previous season and said how several Champions League clubs are showing interest and how flattering it was...
Watch the video at points shown. His attitude was out of order when Townsend chose another pass.

The difficulty in bringing in cover for Dembele is that the likes of Kovacic and Tielemens will not be happy to play second fiddle. It's difficult to sell an established player (or even a hyped up youngster) on a bench role so I think that's where we're struggling.

I reckon Poch trusts Mason as fourth/fifth choice midfielder and he'll probably end up using Alli as cover for Dembele anyway.

We have enough versatility in the squad to cope so I wouldn't be confident we'll go out and sign someone in that position.

I think we will get another attacking mid in if Chadli leaves, if he doesn't then it's N'Koudou and done for us.

The difficulty in bringing in cover for Dembele is that the likes of Kovacic and Tielemens will not be happy to play second fiddle. It's difficult to sell an established player (or even a hyped up youngster) on a bench role so I think that's where we're struggling.

I reckon Poch trusts Mason as fourth/fifth choice midfielder and he'll probably end up using Alli as cover for Dembele anyway.

We have enough versatility in the squad to cope so I wouldn't be confident we'll go out and sign someone in that position.

I think we will get another attacking mid in if Chadli leaves, if he doesn't then it's N'Koudou and done for us.

People were saying the exact same thing with a striker. Do we need to go there again?

Now, Janssen is no superstar (yet), but

'Harry Kane doesn't scare me' - Janssen confirms imminent Spurs deal - Goal.com

I can trace the demise of nabils relationship with poch to

SYDNEY FC 0-1 SPURS 30 May 2015 - Video - tottenhamhotspur.com
This is when he started giving it charly big spuds Move starts at 06.24. You can see his actions better in the replay at 07.11
I said then his attitude was wrong, turning back in a huff instead of continuing to run on because you never got the ball. Most said I was making too much of it. Still I played for teams and have never done that. Never seen a professional do it either

I just watched it. That's bad. And he looks even more petty and childish because Spurs scored on that play.

So move the young player of the year out of the position where he broke into the England side?

Or buy a Real Madrid squad player for a shit ton to be our squad player? Can see him jumping on that one...

A loan using our special relationship would be a result though.
Real Madrid squad player is harsh. It was a bad buy by Real Madrid. He doesn't suit them. He could suit us.

As for Alli, yes. At MK Dons he was a CM, he sees his future there himself, and he has the skillset we do need there.

People were saying the exact same thing with a striker. Do we need to go there again?

Now, Janssen is no superstar (yet), but

'Harry Kane doesn't scare me' - Janssen confirms imminent Spurs deal - Goal.com

I think the difference with Janssen is that he was a relative unknown at a small club in Holland, had one great season last year and then the mighty Spurs came calling. He jumped at the chance and he was probably given assurances about game time and the potential to be played with Kane and not just compete against him.

With a Dembele replacement there isn't as much flexibility because there is one position up for grabs and your competition is this freakishly good Belgian.

One of Dier or Wanyama will always play so you are relying on getting above Dembele in the pecking order (unlikely), injury or suspension and rotation. You would come into it knowing you're unlikely to be the main man and will probably feature in the lesser competitions against the shitter teams and I reckon that would put some players off.

I think the difference with Janssen is that he was a relative unknown at a small club in Holland, had one great season last year and then the mighty Spurs came calling. He jumped at the chance and he was probably given assurances about game time and the potential to be played with Kane and not just compete against him.

With a Dembele replacement there isn't as much flexibility because there is one position up for grabs and your competition is this freakishly good Belgian.

One of Dier or Wanyama will always play so you are relying on getting above Dembele in the pecking order (unlikely), injury or suspension and rotation. You would come into it knowing you're unlikely to be the main man and will probably feature in the lesser competitions against the shitter teams and I reckon that would put some players off.
This could be a bit of problem.
Especially with dembele being fragile.
If we lose him for a long period we will be a bit stuffed unless we have managed to convince a good player to join us & be his back up.

I have no idea who Jellyman is

He was part of that Peterborough 'wonderkid' trifecta, with Davies and Etherington.

Jelleyman was a left back, and all the computer games at the time had him pegged as the next big thing.

All a bit underwhelming, but Jelleyman never had a PL move and ended up tumbling through the leagues.

I just watched it. That's bad. And he looks even more petty and childish because Spurs scored on that play.
It is pretty bad. Some thought I was making too much of it when I posted it last year. Its not on as a professional. Even in a friendly
Don't get me wrong I like Bentaleb and would hope he shines, but his actions sometimes go against the rhetoric you hear from him about commitment, hard/team work .."leaving it all on the pitch". Maybe he had some issues, girl money family I don't know. Shame if he does leave as he has ability

Last edited:
Some ITK from Spurs Community:

Trix: A few bits......

Don't take who went to OZ as a definitive who is staying or going, it isn't. A couple that went are still available for the right fee, and of the ones that didn't travel injuries and fitness issues have held. them back.

As before, told one more in(the second "forward") and barring stumbling upon a pot of gold, that will be it.

Now for a slight bit of back tracking. My mate still thinks he will be going one way or another, but Yedlin has impressed both in the fitness tests and more importantly how far he has come in a year. He was miles behind this time last season but has improved a lot in a short space of time.

As far as the outs the numbers just don't work as far as the midfield is concerned. None of the CM's are bring actively pushed out(and none want to leave) but the fringe players know that there game time will be limited. Good offers will be accepted for all the fringe players and then it will be up to them.

Also hearing Pritch is a likely casualty now.

Grey Fox: My info fully supports Trix's post, as my post in the RO 12th July said, it seems Poch will wait until he has a good look before sanctioning any sales or loans. K'nandou {No can do}, should be announced early next week, and my source has hinted that it wil be the last except if a special who Poch wants can be persuaded to come, but it will be later in the window

The Goat: Just a few bits that are either new or reinforce previous snippets

The Goat hears that after GKN we are done, unless we can agree a deal for a player from Spain that Poch really likes. Edwards has impressed and has been promised time in cup games if he continues to do so and The Goat hears a new deal has been signed.

CCV has not impressed as much as team would like but that's all that The Goat heard on that and finally Pritchard has completely not burned his bridges yet, but has to improve and impress more in training. At the same time he is available for the right offer.

The Goat hears that after GKN we are done, unless we can agree a deal for a player from Spain that Poch really likes.
ng7374022.jpg

:pochsmirk:

now seriously, Ferreira-Carrasco, Isco, Saul?

Our manager decides that he prefers Mason and Carrol to Bentaleb, a fact that has been evident throughout the year. Bentaleb has failed to build or improve since the season before last, I fully understand Poch wanting to sell. Many of us seem to think Bentaleb is better than he actually is.
Agreed 100% mason and Carol do not have his strength but I see them as far more creative players. If you look at the competition he faces in Dier, Wanyaman and to an extent Dembele he is just too side to side and is only wasted with us as a pure cdm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom