Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Max Meyer, Liverpool scouted him already so saves us the cost of doing it ourselves.

:angryscouser:

Seriously, though, excellent player. Younger than Draxler, cheaper than Draxler, and I think ultimately he'll be better than Draxler. But his age probably works against us, he's probably happy to stay in Germany for another couple of seasons and build his reputation than move and have to fight for playing time. Kostic looks a much more realistic transfer.

Too bad we're such a small time club, or we'd spend £70m on James and put him on £200k a week.
Kostic to me looks like a fucking steal. He's at Stuttgart. They just got relegated. He's not going to want to play in the 2 Bundesliga. He's way too good to be stuck there, and wouldn't be hard to pull out, especially since they're going to need all the cash they can get to cover the revenue shortfall.

Not really, there were loads of shit players playing shit all season, being managed by an arse.

I can only assume you haven't paid any attention to him then. Google him.

In fact, start with this GIF - it tells you everything you need to know about him.

cPGpqSZo3muIw.gif

He makes Adebayor look like Ledley King

Big lazy cunt that loves Woolwich

No ta

He also thinks Palace are a big club...

Moussa Sissoko claims Yohan Cabaye plays for a 'big club' compared to Newcastle United

Sissokobayor said:
In an interview with France Football, Sissoko – when asked about why he is substituted with such regularity – replied: “Today, look at those who play in my position.

“There’s Blaise (Matuidi) who did extraordinary things at PSG (last season), Paul (Pogba) who is wonderful for Juventus, Yohan Cabaye who has just signed for Crystal Palace and Morgan Schneiderlin who is now at Manchester United.

“Compared to me, they all play in big clubs.”

:adeohshit:

I can only assume you haven't paid any attention to him then. Google him.

In fact, start with this GIF - it tells you everything you need to know about him.

cPGpqSZo3muIw.gif

He makes Adebayor look like Ledley King
He shat all over us in both games - I have to say I didn't really notice him being more shit than anyone else in that team over the season. However if he's a lazy shit then fuck him - would appear poch isn't interested anyway.

Kostic to me looks like a fucking steal. He's at Stuttgart. They just got relegated. He's not going to want to play in the 2 Bundesliga. He's way too good to be stuck there, and wouldn't be hard to pull out, especially since they're going to need all the cash they can get to cover the revenue shortfall.

I'd have him. Only real concern is he plays on the left which would be crowded, I think we need cover on the right which is seemingly more difficult to find the right combination of youth, potential, and cost.

He shat all over us in both games - I have to say I didn't really notice him being more shit than anyone else in that team over the season. However if he's a lazy shit then fuck him - would appear poch isn't interested anyway.

The Newcastle fans absolutely hate him, by all accounts. He turns up to one good game out of 20, and spends the other 19 mooching about, slagging off his team mates, and telling the papers that he'd prefer to move to another club.

Makes entertaining reading, though.

More comments from Mr.Sissoko - ToonForum - Newcastle United Forum
Newcastle United Forum - Sissoko

Really? Lamela, Son, N'Jie and Pritchard can all play both wings, so I think we'd be ok.

I'm saying that under the assumption that Lamela is on the right in the first XI. Son and Pritchard are good flexible cover on the wings, and Clinton slots RW/ST in my mind. I just feel if we sign a player who's best used on the left then it probably spells the end for Chadli who is definitely 2nd choice out left and could be 3rd if a new signing impresses.

Not that I'm against that, I just feel like between Chadli and Son I'm more comfortable with who plays out left in the event of an injury in the first XI than I am with who plays out right.

Max Meyer, Liverpool scouted him already so saves us the cost of doing it ourselves.

:angryscouser:

Seriously, though, excellent player. Younger than Draxler, cheaper than Draxler, and I think ultimately he'll be better than Draxler. But his age probably works against us, he's probably happy to stay in Germany for another couple of seasons and build his reputation than move and have to fight for playing time. Kostic looks a much more realistic transfer.

Too bad we're such a small time club, or we'd spend £70m on James and put him on £200k a week.

Tbh. Meyer is rather like Sané than Draxler. Many Schalke fans raved about him for the past couple of years. I would give him 2-3 years and either he becomes like Barkley, Baxter, Draxler or Renato Sanches.

Would love another CB, especially with the latest Jan injury. Murillo would be great but I honestly wouldn't mind someone like Phil Jones.
I don't know how good our eldest left-footed Academy CB is. Does anyone know if Poche rates him as highly as CCV? Otherwise, I guess Kevin needs a back up for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom