Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've already seemingly gone from "he's only £11m" to "he's only £17m" in various places on the web, so we're not all that far off paying £20m for a guy that may not represent value for money.

I mean, surely that's twice what they want for Sanabria... or Bony money? Not necessarily "Bony would be better for us", but you catch my drift.

We'll just in terms of what's happened in the intervening time that we've been interested in Janssen, and from more of a reporting of numbers standpoint as I've stated plenty that I'm sure we have our currencies diversified.

If you assume our initial offer was for £11m as seems accepted, then our initial offer was a little more than €14m. Assuming they're holding out for €20m, then that was originally a little more than £15m but is now nearly £17m.

I think the multiple currencies and fluctuating markets makes keeping up with figures in reports difficult. Just in thinking about it, I've forgotten where I was going with this post. My head hurts. Why couldn't you just accept the Euro?

200w.gif

We'll just in terms of what's happened in the intervening time that we've been interested in Janssen, and from more of a reporting of numbers standpoint as I've stated plenty that I'm sure we have our currencies diversified.

If you assume our initial offer was for £11m as seems accepted, then our initial offer was a little more than €14m. Assuming they're holding out for €20m, then that was originally a little more than £15m but is now nearly £17m.

I think the multiple currencies and fluctuating markets makes keeping up with figures in reports. Just in thinking about it, I've forgotten where I was going with this post. My head hurts. Why couldn't you just accept the Euro?

200w.gif

This presents two possible paradigms:

1 - We are stalling as the Euro is destined to return (if not strengthen) after the wet knickers start to dry
2 - We have an account elsewhere that is in euros, as per the fact that most of our transfers are probably dealt in euros

Good job we didn't accept the euro - such a daft idea. I'm not sure anyone but the Germans have benefited from the single currency (but this in itself is destined to go off topic, so it's just my opinion and i'm not an economist, financial expert or whatever).

From sky sports:

Vincent Janssen says he is frustrated withAZ Alkmaar for turning down a £15m bid from Tottenham for his transfer.

Sky sources reported last month that the 21-year-old, who is also of interest to Wolfsburg, held talks with Spurs in London after Alkmaar gave permission.

"I have expressed my choice at the club," he said on Thursday.

"Tottenham Hotspur have made a high bid in my eyes. There has been an offer around €18m (£14.87m), but AZ will not even come to the table.

"I would like somewhere else as soon as possible to start my preparation. This is frustrating."
#FreeTheAlkmaar1

This presents two possible paradigms:

1 - We are stalling as the Euro is destined to return (if not strengthen) after the wet knickers start to dry
2 - We have an account elsewhere that is in euros, as per the fact that most of our transfers are probably dealt in euros

Good job we didn't accept the euro - such a daft idea. I'm not sure anyone but the Germans have benefited from the single currency (but this in itself is destined to go off topic, so it's just my opinion and i'm not an economist, financial expert or whatever).

My favorite theory is we had an account of €s, Joe woke up the morning after Brexit when the £ dropped hard, sold most of our €s and $s as I know second hand that a number of businesses did, and now we're just stalling while the £ rebounds and we can make enough of a profit off the whole scheme and buy our €s back.

Would've loved him at Spurs. I hate Man U, but they have 2 pretty good signings wrapped up.

Pretty good doesn't quite cover it. Zlatan was the third best player in Europe last season after the two you know and Mkhitaryan is an incredible player too, kicker.de's player of the season.
Love them both.

I hope they fail in spectacular fashion!

Pretty good doesn't quite cover it. Zlatan was the third best player in Europe last season after the two you know and Mkhitaryan is an incredible player too, kicker.de's player of the season.
Love them both.

I hope they fail in spectacular fashion!
I'm gonna relish this Kane vs Zlatan battle.

"Vincent signed a contract here a year ago for three years. Basically, we do not want to lose him.”

Apologies Joe Clash Joe Clash

"We have done extensive research to approximate the market value of Vincent, with people who understand it, for example," Huiberts told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

Troy-Deeney-644008.jpg

:dierno::pochfacepalm::chadliblow::paulinhobored:

Back
Top Bottom