Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sandro - Gotta have a soft spot for the beast but he was hardly Socrates.
Gomes - never a dull moment....I'm not sure that is a good thing with a 'keeper.
Paulinho - agree with you; the trouble is that we realised how Paulinho-ey he is when he started bottling out of tackles after about twenty minutes of pulling a shirt on.

I don't know whether I'm being unfair (someone will no doubt tell me I am making ill informed, crass, sweeping generalisations) but Brazilians recently seem to lack the competitive edge of the Argies and Uruguayans. Brazil seems to have cornered the Russian and Chinese markets but not the faster paced and more competitive leagues in Western Europe.
I mean there are some Brazilians I'd love at our club, Lucus Moura, Neymar for instance. Thiago Silva and to a less extent Marquinos and Luiz at PSG. Willian at Chelsea, Miranda of Atletico (now Inter) etc.

And for every Suarez there's a Gaston Ramirez, for every Aguero, there's a Fazio.

It's interesting because didn't he make his name at MK Dons playing box-to-box?

Could be mistaken.

He did, but my take, as written in another post in this thread, is that DCM and MC are highly demanding in Poch's system, which is why Alli (and Onomah) started further forward. Might be that Alli has done so well, that he'll end up staying at AMC, but it's still not out of the question for me that Poch drops him back as he matures.

He did, but my take, as written in another post in this thread, is that DCM and MC are highly demanding in Poch's system, which is why Alli (and Onomah) started further forward. Might be that Alli has done so well, that he'll end up staying at AMC, but it's still not out of the question for me that Poch drops him back as he matures.

Alli will be in the attacking 3.

Poch likes his midfielders to generally stay beside the play or along side it. Alli's best feature is his direct runs, which obviously puts him ahead of the play. For this reason alone he won't play Alli as a CM.

Schurrle would be fairly splendid. Also a nice opportunity to rub Chav noses in another of Mourinho's messes.

Getting shot of De Bruyne, Lukaku and Schurrle was criminally shit management. I actually wouldn't mind him being in charge at Man U as he's clearly lost it.

Everton will get nowhere near £65m for Lukaku. He's good, but not that good. I reckon £40m tops. If he's worth £65m then Kane is touching £85m.

£65M for Lukaku is so silly. No one is going to pay that....well, Liverpool might be the exception. He's just not that good. I think Kane is touching £85M though to be fair after two and a half very good seasons and he's a much more all round player than Lukaku.

Hopefully some of the Danes on here can give us some insight.

Sign him up :levyeyes:

Seriously though, he's never played in Denmark, as he moved to a German club at a young age, and he's played very little for the national team yet. From what I have seen of him in the Bundesliga, he seems solid but nothing extraordinary at all.

Sandro - Gotta have a soft spot for the beast but he was hardly Socrates.
Gomes - never a dull moment....I'm not sure that is a good thing with a 'keeper.
Paulinho - agree with you; the trouble is that we realised how Paulinho-ey he is when he started bottling out of tackles after about twenty minutes of pulling a shirt on.

I don't know whether I'm being unfair (someone will no doubt tell me I am making ill informed, crass, sweeping generalisations) but Brazilians recently seem to lack the competitive edge of the Argies and Uruguayans. Brazil seems to have cornered the Russian and Chinese markets but not the faster paced and more competitive leagues in Western Europe.

Worst thing Pauly did was turn his back when facing a free kick together with Ade and we conceded!

:adeohshit::paulinhobored:

Back
Top Bottom