Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF I don't think it is beyond imagination, that Eriksen could be sold now.

He will want to move on eventually and his contract talks have been aborted.

Fortunately, we are in a better position than ever to cope. And to demand an outrageous fee.

TBF I don't think it is beyond imagination, that Eriksen could be sold now.

He will want to move on eventually and his contract talks have been aborted.

Fortunately, we are in a better position than ever to cope. And to demand an outrageous fee.
Not so sure about the contract talks being 'aborted'. It's very possible that the club is staggering their contract announcements out so that fans have something to cheer about towards the end of the window.

As I've said before though, it's better to sell him now while we can still get a full fee (and at least have CL on offer to attract his replacement). Of all the players on our roster, Eriksen has always been the one that we felt would move on sooner rather than later... and now that Juventus have a huge wedge of cash to spend (and not just on Higuain)...

Agree on Harrison, kid looks good and has performed really well at youth level, I think 2 good strikers and a youngster in the wings is fine by me.

I think Eriksen's importance to us may be underestimated. I'm sure there are more impressive-looking playmaking AMs out there, with more fancy tecnique and better through balls. But not many with as high quality overall game that also fits our style of play as well as he does.

At the same time I don't think a lot of other clubs see him as a top class signing. I don't think they see him as worth as much as he is to us.

He is a £60m player for Spurs, but I doubt anyone would pay more than £30m. I really do hope we won't sell.

I guess Son could also cover upfront if we do rest both Kane and Janssen in cup games. The pace of Harrison and Son upfront will scare most teams we will com up against in the cups, especially early rounds.

Eriksen with 15 assists last season and only Özil has created more chances than him during the last 2 seasons. He's invaluable to us and that's why he's the player Poch never not starts when available.

Real's wages aren't that crazy actually. Bale and Ronaldo's sure, but players like Pepe are only paid 50k. There's a huge diversity in salaries, I don't think we'd be far off offering him around 80k /week

True, and Isco is only on £60k. Whether we'do pay the fee required and he'd be willing to move from Madrid to Spurs would be the only real issue. We could offer him a substantial wage increase and stay within our structure. Not out of reach, but does seem unlikely.

Edit - However, Pepe is on £110. Point stands though, not everyone is minted at Real. Modric and James are only on £120, for example.

Last edited:
i honestly think if we don't agree soon a new deal with Eriksen he will be gone. No way Levy will let a guy with his quality stay with only a year of contract(next year)
i love Eriksen, but if we could get Isco and still make a profit...

If we don't keep hold of Eriksen it's going to be up there with all the other sucker-punches for me. He is a wonderful player and we need to strengthen that area of the squad, not weaken it a week before the first fucking game of the season... If this isn't bullshit, someone has fucked up pretty massively.

Also, if we are refusing to pay the money Eriksen wants, how the fuck are we going to pay the money Isco would instantly get at about 5-8 other teams across Europe? Just hope it's all bollocks or gamesmanship from his agent.

Isco's on €4.1 million a year before tax, €2 million net, so about £67,000/£33,000 a week. Still very affordable.

His fall from the Spanish team is directly a result of not playing enough, he'd need to be able to guarantee a fair amount of playing time which might not be the case at United, City or Chelsea. Us or Woolwich would be the perfect fit really...

Back
Top Bottom