Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's not in Poch's plans, then £15m is a good price. What I can't figure out is why we couldn't squeeze £20m out of the Chinese for Paulinho.
:levywtf:

Kind of agree. But you claimed, Poch could dictate 20k for Edwards, and that's where the wheels come off for me. Yeah, he has a large say, but only within club policy, which is a huge difference.

Wouldn't it be down to poch what club policy is for a large part? Club policy definitely seems like a managers job.

This Chadli to Swansea will end up being a Siggy type of transfer again where he will have a really solid season and be the star man and we'd regret selling him when really he was only back up and not really good enough to break into the starting 11, plus it's to Swansea

Chadli is better than Siggy. Chadli has never had a secure position in the team and a proper run. I think he is probably not quite good enough for us now that we are aiming to improve on last season but I think with a decent run he will show he is a very good player. Swansea will be very happy with their signing in my view, and for us it is probably a good sell given our circumstances, but I feel bad because I think he is better than people realise.

Getting rid of Chadli for £15,000,000+ and getting Boufal in at a similar price would have been great business.

Wouldn't we have seen it by now? Do you think he's better than Poch realises? He's being sold because he's not good enough. We don't see him in training, so let's trust those that do.

I've seen flashes of his tremendous ability although seldom replicated unfortunately. I've got a feeling he's been sold for his attitude more than his lack of ability.

I've seen flashes of his tremendous ability although seldom replicated unfortunately. I've got a feeling he's been sold for his attitude more than his lack of ability.

He seems to take the dynamic out of the team. I accept he's skilful, and I've mentioned his finishing - which is excellent - but we do look a more pedestrian outfit when he plays.

He seems to take the dynamic out of the team. I accept he's skilful, and I've mentioned his finishing - which is excellent - but we do look a more pedestrian outfit when he plays.

I remember a quote about Chadli being like the kid in class who does almost nothing but still passes his exams, amount of times I have said to myself what is the point of Chadli only for him to pop up with a goal. Work rate is not good enough for a pressing high tempo system but he would be a great purchase for a mid level prem team like Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom