Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still amazes me after the complete transformation we've seen from the likes of Lamela and Dembele under Poch, people are still writing off players (Son & Clinton) only after one season.

Agreed, both have come through a first season with time out through injury. I see enough of Clinton against Citeh to see that he has true talent, and i think Son scored something like eight in twenty eight last season?

Both have huge potential, and fans need to cut them both some slack.

I don't see how anyone can have a view on Clinton one way or the other, he has hardly played.
Well that's a view isn't it? Injury prone
full

fully agree

That Nkoudou guy is raw as fuck. His end product is non existence. Will be very underwhelmed if we end up signing him, he's hardly an upgrade on duds like Chadli, Son and N'jie that we should be looking to offload.
I find calling those guys duds a bit much. N'Jie was injured, so you have nothing to judge. The other two were definitely not 'duds'. If they were, who wasn't?

He was injured when we bought him last season so he was always playing catch-up.

This is his first real preseason with us. Would be shocked if the loan rumors are true.

Perhaps either:

a) He is homesick/struggling to adapt, or;
b) His persona has been judged to be incompatible in some way?

Agreed, both have come through a first season with time out through injury. I see enough of Clinton against Citeh to see that he has true talent, and i think Son scored something like eight in twenty eight last season?

Both have huge potential, and fans need to cut them both some slack.

Hell, in Son's case it's not even "potential" he proved what he could do in the Bundesliga where he was fantastic in a similar system over multiple years. He got hurt last year early on and never was really in the team and because of that he's a dud? That's insane.

I am amazed by the vibes against Son.

Cost less than and enjoyed a vastly better debut season than Lamela. Who everyone praises.

Spurs fans, sometimes :kanehand:

Completely agree. He had no preseason with Poch, came into a new team during the season and had to learn the language and a new surrounding. He's scored some vital goals and contributed fairly well.

This season we'll be able to judge him, after a full preseason. If Poch can drill in the defensive duties as well as pressure play then he could be vital next year.

Back
Top Bottom