Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
eo2Bx6T.gif

And finally a visual summary of this legendary transfer thread. See you folks at the January Transfer window thread!
Well that's... horrible...

A contract can only be "bought out" if the contract itself allows for it.

Cheers for that. Concise and to the point.

:carrollwtf:
Are you people trying to be thick, or is this some sort of sick game?

Mate, we are not a party to their contract. We have absolutely zero legal standing or capacity to buy out Berahino's contract. That is something that players and clubs generally do by mutual agreement, mostly benefiting the former if there are just a few months left and the player would like a last minute golden "fuck you" parachute to send him nicely on his way and the club is desperate to sell, a la Adebayor. Manchester United doesn't wade in and say "we're buying out the remaining 5 years on Harry Kane's 35k per week contract for ~9m pounds, because we'd rather not pay 100m pounds", and neither could we do the same for Berahino against West Brom's wishes.

It's ridiculous. It shouldn't require explanation.

Not a sick game :)
It is ridiculous (now you have explained it). The "mutual agreement" bit would have been enough tho.

A contract can only be "bought out" if the contract itself allows for it.

Cheers for that. Concise and to the point.

:carrollwtf:
Are you people trying to be thick, or is this some sort of sick game?

Mate, we are not a party to their contract. We have absolutely zero legal standing or capacity to buy out Berahino's contract. That is something that players and clubs generally do by mutual agreement, mostly benefiting the former if there are just a few months left and the player would like a last minute golden "fuck you" parachute to send him nicely on his way and the club is desperate to sell, a la Adebayor. Manchester United doesn't wade in and say "we're buying out the remaining 5 years on Harry Kane's 35k per week contract for ~9m pounds, because we'd rather not pay 100m pounds", and neither could we do the same for Berahino against West Brom's wishes.

It's ridiculous. It shouldn't require explanation.

Not a sick game :)
It is ridiculous (now you have explained it). The "mutual agreement" bit would have been enough tho.

EDIT: Awww fuck def time for bed!!!

Just worked out San Francisco's transit ticket machines, what did I miss? (How was armegeddon?)

Lenny went to Everton on a perm deal, Yedlin went to Sunderland on loan

We "tried" to get Berahino and peace blocked it, we had no plan B and now have one DM and Striker to see us in 4 competitions so there was uproar, not just from the usual people either

We "tried" to get Berahino and peace blocked it, we had no plan B and now have one DM and Striker to see us in 4 competitions so there was uproar, not just from the usual people either
As I feared, well, Poch may be a yes man but we've got to get behind him if the chairman won't!

Fuckin hell... four competitions. It's a frightening proposition, especially if we start picking up some knocks. This should be fun.

Because you say write about 30 things that's plain insane and/or wrong for every time, you hit the one correctly. If Levy listened to you we'd be seriously fucked (even more so).

If Levy listened to me, I would have told him to listen to Poch and get the squad sorted early in pre season.

That would mean we would have a had another striker, a winger and a DM all signed before Utd away.

Fucked indeed

This out and out striker stuff is bollocks quite frankly. Were we really going to spend 25m for a player who would be backup to Kane or just to bring on late in the game to revert to 4-4-2?

A player who regularly played on the wing for WBA?

The scum down the road only have Giroud as well, Walnut and Welbeck are not out and out strikers. Joel Campbell or whoever else they have as backup never get to play in place of Giroud either. Utd have Rooney only, a player who has been a midfielder for the last 2 seasons. If you include Wilson then fuck, include Shayon Harrison. If you include Martial then include Son.

You're all stressing about Kane getting injured and about 4 competitions. Take a fucking step back and chill the fuck out. Let's see how much this situation will actually fuck us up. Let's see what the new boys will bring to the team first.

Is that why he was our main target and we bid 4 times for him?

You must think Poch is clueless
I think his point is that Berahino is not an "out and out" striker. He is an attacking player that can play in different positions ... the same way Liverpool used Sterling (and City are now doing the same) and the way Woolwich play with Walcott.

I see the point, but I am not sure. It is a debate I guess about whether or not you need a clear focal point (what would have been called a target man in the past) for the team to function.

I think his point is that Berahino is not an "out and out" striker. He is an attacking player that can play in different positions ... the same way Liverpool used Sterling (and City are now doing the same) and the way Woolwich play with Walcott.

I see the point, but I am not sure. It is a debate I guess about whether or not you need a clear focal point (what would have been called a target man in the past) for the team to function.
His point is flawed if he's trying to say he isn't an out an out striker and comparing him to Walcott and sterling. Berahino clearly is an out an out striker that has sometimes been asked to do a job on the right due to the managers prefered system ...Just like Defoe at Sunderland.

They have become over the years a tool of the club , out foxed at every turn
and in some ways made to spout the propaganda of the slapheads .
No doubt their intentions are honourable but as they are toothless they can be easily
used by the regime .
Really as they have become ineffective , their time has come . The organisation in its
present form is to cosy and has had its day .
Time for no more mean well , yes men but the club must be challenged on every issue .
If the regime will not engage with a more vocal militant body , in other words their fans/suporters/ customers then so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom