Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe after all these years we are 4 games into the season and one day to go to the end of the transfer window we only have 1 striker at the club

Anyone who doesn't think this is a disgrace is an idiot.

We have gone so far backwards in the last 4 years it's frightening.

Well when we had 3 were weren't scoring that much either. We now have 2, but one is a cunt.
I don't think we will be signing a CF, Austin type.
I think we are looking more for a player who can score goals and play across the front. It's not worth having an Austin type striker, it will be like having another Soldado.
Who do you think we should sign then? I mean we have tried to sign our targets. Who is out there in our price range we could have bought that would have been ideal?
What strikers have been bought this season by other clubs that we could have had but we didn't bother?
Sometimes you cannot get the player you want for various reasons, i.e., Martial, Berahino, Schneoderlin, Wanayama. What do you do then, buy a player who won't work for the sake of it. Also we had to sell a lot of players and replace them. We still need to lose 3 that will take up wages bills.
I do not think for one minute that our club is deliberately not making signings because they are blind to the fact, or have only just realised.

dow-jones-buy.jpg

The famous Tottenham Hotspur Transfer Team work their magic in the legendary 2015 summer window

How does loaning Lamela out actually constitute as good business? Unless there's a compulsory purchase at the end of it? He would only be off the wage bill for 1 season and we are another player short. IMO sell him or persist with him.
Well I won't have to watch him anymore. That's a start..
I imagine we wanted a permanent deal but noone bit for an acceptable price? Just guessing.

This one is over my head, bud. I assume you're trying to make some joke of comparing a top striker in the world to some fast goal scoring wingers that we signed, but I truly don't know.
Just had a look on FIFA, can see he's down as LM, thought it would be CAM. So I can understand where the panic has come from over no strikers. But he is upto 84 in a couple of seasons with good management. Surely another Levy master-stroke?

Ayoze Perez? Yes please.
No for me, please.
I mean, it's not like Ayoze is a terrible player or something.

But FFS, enough of this perpetual nonsense of Levy getting cheaper, alternative options. I know it's not possible to always get what you want, but for once ... just give Poch who he wants: Bera-freaking-hino!!!

I mean ...

... And Martial would've been a bloody superb signing for like 15 million pounds!

:walker-scream:

Just had a look on FIFA, can see he's down as LW, thought it would be CAM. So I can understand where the panic has come from over no strikers. But he is upto 84 in a couple of seasons with good management. Surely another Levy master-stroke?

Yes, because my thinking that N'jie plays as a wide forward comes from FIFA and not the fact that every highlight video posted on his player page after his signing had him playing wide. Or that the official site has him listed as a midfielder. Or that it's blatantly fucking obvious that he isn't going to play CF in the premier league.

How does loaning Lamela out actually constitute as good business? Unless there's a compulsory purchase at the end of it? He would only be off the wage bill for 1 season and we are another player short. IMO sell him or persist with him.

You're trying to reinflate his transfer value. It seems unlikely that that will happen at Tottenham.

Shit, Soldado probably gained a couple million in value on the back of two goddamn games back in La Liga.

No for me, please.
I mean, it's not like Ayoze is a terrible player or something.

But FFS, enough of this perpetual nonsense of Levy getting cheaper, alternative options. I know it's not possible to always get what you want, but for once ... just give Poch who he wants: Bera-freaking-hino!!!

I mean ...

... And Martial would've been a bloody superb signing for like 15 million pounds!

:walker-scream:

Yeh but you know it ain't like that, careful planning, tight budget, strategy, getting the best deal, Spurs are broke PLC blah blah blah

#TownsendsbetterthanMartial

This isn't FIFA. You can't just buy a player from a foreign league, slot him into a position and watch him run by some dumb AI defender because video game developers gave him a slow sprint speed. N'Jie is clearly not an out and out CF.
Neither is that you moron. Its the lineup the Lyon played in that game.

Have another one:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/clinton-njie/profil/spieler/241119

Have to say I trust this website knowing its shit a lot more than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom