Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find a bit hard to stomach on here is some people seem to be more pleased to be proved right about the Berahino deal than they are disappointed we don't seem to be getting him. Great supporters!

It isn't about being pleased we are right. Of course it would have been better if we signed him but we don't deserve to because the club have been right wankers about it. We are run by scammers and the sooner you realise it, the better it is for our long term.

What I find funny is the fact that people like you call out "you're a bad supporter" as if being a good one meant to listen to Levy's lies and take his dick up your ass. Any one who brings up this extremely nonsensical logic prioritizes short over long term thinking.

I want the bullshit to stop and for us to act like a club with class not nipping in to release clauses and chasing after third choice players on the cheap after fucking around for the whole window throwing insulting offers and leaking interest about targets we have no intention of bidding for to appease blind mice like you.

Not sure how legit this is although he's usually quite accurate. Claims a £22m bid has been lodged for a CM who also interests another club (who he states are more likely to get him than us). Says not prem, la liga or serie a...

:dembele:

Let's be realistic though, there have been plenty of cases where people are cheering and praising Levy's negotiation wins throughout the years as well. This simply looks like a case of Levy wanting to negotiate and the other side just being completely unwilling to participate. They're simply doing exactly what many people wanted us to do with Berbatov, Modric, and Bale.

They have a valuation in mind and we aren't close. That's not a negotiating problem, that's a fundamental difference.
Oh for sure that's true.

But there are 2 facts in what I quoted: Levy is a c*nt in the eyes of fellow professionals ... and he is leaving things late, way to late. Again.

Hence my post.

Not sure how legit this is although he's usually quite accurate. Claims a £22m bid has been lodged for a CM who also interests another club (who he states are more likely to get him than us). Says not prem, la liga or serie a...

I'll believe it when JJetset or Lyall chimes in.

You are the biggest propaganda fantasist Ive ever come across.....either that or the biggest full kit wanker south of Liverpool.

I bet you sleep in a Spurs kit, and have Spurs wallpaper, bedsheets, clock, posters, curtains the fucking lot.

Fucking get over it. We bid for THEIR player and they said no. Stop acting like they've got poor Berahino handcuffed to a radiator for fucks sake.

Spoilt little millionaires playing PL football for "work"... boo fuckng hoo.
And you're the biggest whining misanthrope on here. Everything must be negative about Spurs for you. It's always got to be that Spurs left things late, or didn't try, or screwed up, or any of a thousand other excuses you have for why everything is terrible.

We tried to buy him. WBA don't want to sell. WBA are making their refusals public, which most clubs don't try to do. They're also being very specific, and hypocritical in their complaints.

All of that is in their rights, but to assume that it's all benevolent by them, and that we're in the wrong for making such offers now is really just searching for negatives on your part. Do clubs use the media to enhance their negotiating position with players? All the fucking time. Real Madrid did with with Bale, Man Utd do it often to Rooney, Liverpool did it to Sterling, and WBA are doing it to Berahino. I'm not saying it's a tragedy, but it is part of the business.

Have we been trying to sign Berahino? Yes. Have we succeeded yet? No. Is the window closed? No.

Have we been trying to sign forwards all summer? Yes. Have we signed any? Yes. Are there other players we'll keep bidding on instead of Berahino? Yes. Am I unhappy that Spurs won't sign Berahino? No.

You're trying to put a lot of words in my mouth, and ascribe a lot of agendas to me so that you can build up your little strawmen to rage at. Knock yourself out child, as it's no concern to me. If everyone else feels the need to pile on in their narrative driven "the sky is falling" panic, they're welcome to as well. I don't really care as it's only the muttering of keyboard hardmen.

The reality is that this has been the best transfer window I can recall at Spurs. There's been a solid plan, and it's been executed. I wish Son and N'Jie were signed earlier, but the reality is that all clubs do most business in the last 2 weeks, and blaming Levy for being in the same position as everyone else is just the usual fan fantasy.

However the WBA chairman may appear to be, you can't really fault his reluctance.
And to that, fuck you very much, Levy ... for putting us in this position int he first place.

Just hope Son is announced tomorrow. This forum could use an uplifting.
But Son really doesn't solve our issue about the shortage of strikers. Yeah, maybe occasionally he can deputize there, but he's a winger. As for Chadli, I'm not at all convinced with him as a ST. He's only fine up there if he has a striker-partner. And with N'jie, even Poch doesn't consider him as a striker.

We still need a ST, and we still need a CDM. #FourDaysLeft

I'm getting more of a Bill Murray in Groundhog Day vibe...
groundhog-day-2-o.gif

Apparently, he said that the CM is Witsel.

Hmmm ... :freund:

What do you guys think?

So many delusional people here thinking doing business on deadline day is good.
It's not good. It's normal for all clubs. We've actually been trying to sign people all summer, and some worked, and some didn't. But if you want to buy in to the silly idea that we're leaving everything late on purpose, go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom