Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this Son fella but he looks good on YouTube, sign him up. Plus, he can't perform worse than Lamela.. right?

Haven't read today's 50 pages so I'm hoping no one has leapt upon the good Korea move pun..

Upset Leverkusen manager and teammate criticise Son over Tottenham deal

Schmidt told television channel Sport1: "Son is a great player who has actually got not really good advice. He has decided to do something that was not so nice for us as a team. It was not ideal. But it was even more important that we get into the Champions League, but we had to deal with it."

His teammate Hakan Calhanoglu expressed his disappointment too, agreeing with Schmidt that Son's transfer was a case of terrible timing. He told Sport1: "I think it's just a pity that he is ill advised by his dad or agent, just before so a game like against Lazio this did not have to be."

Son had missed training, and Calhanoglu explained he had tried to call the South Korean and texted him, but had not received a response. He added: "He is a great kid. I look forward to any event, if he comes back and said goodbye to the team, if he goes away, we definitely lose a very good player."

... Come on. No hard feelings. :vdvdive:

Cheers for raining on our parade :)

Typical jilted partner response.
Deal with it.

At this point my lawyer has advised me against using any defamatory remarks that would cause offence to our far eastern friends. As it turns out, very good advice given the recent hostilities that escalated from certain southerners giving it large with some well placed "Marshall's", I'm talking speakers not officers.
No fuckin sense of humour over there.
:vdvshh:

Typical jilted partner response.
Deal with it.

At this point my lawyer has advised me against using any defamatory remarks that would cause offence to our far eastern friends. As it turns out, very good advice given the recent hostilities that escalated from certain southerners giving it large with some well placed "Marshall's", I'm talking speakers not officers.
No fuckin sense of humour over there.
:vdvshh:

Took me a while to get this :) (It's late)
I'd say very wise advice from the lawyers though :)

Took me a while to get this :) (It's late)
I'd say very wise advice from the lawyers though :)
I know what you mean Glasgow, I was struggling writing it..
Must be the time of night, absolutely nothing to do with being in the right frame of mind. Fighting Cock without Alcohol making it's points would be dare I say it, Spurs Community.

Upset Leverkusen manager and teammate criticise Son over Tottenham deal

Schmidt told television channel Sport1: "Son is a great player who has actually got not really good advice. He has decided to do something that was not so nice for us as a team. It was not ideal. But it was even more important that we get into the Champions League, but we had to deal with it."

His teammate Hakan Calhanoglu expressed his disappointment too, agreeing with Schmidt that Son's transfer was a case of terrible timing. He told Sport1: "I think it's just a pity that he is ill advised by his dad or agent, just before so a game like against Lazio this did not have to be."

Son had missed training, and Calhanoglu explained he had tried to call the South Korean and texted him, but had not received a response. He added: "He is a great kid. I look forward to any event, if he comes back and said goodbye to the team, if he goes away, we definitely lose a very good player."

... Come on. No hard feelings. :vdvdive:
Cry me a river cunts:levywhoa:

I know what you mean Glasgow, I was struggling writing it..
Must be the time of night, absolutely nothing to do with being in the right frame of mind. Fighting Cock without Alcohol making it's points would be dare I say it, Spurs Community.

It's probably heresy to say this but i've been missing Joe's nightime rants the last few days :)

It's probably heresy to say this but i've been missing Joe's nightime rants the last few days :)

I'm of the thinking that Joe is our very own Mourinho, an enigma if you like.
Nice as pie and articulate one minute, then sort of tends to bear off into the Mighty Boosh zone, not that, that's a bad thing, in fact, it's why I seek out his posts. He actually makes a lot of sense and I for one love reading through his take on things. The haters should chill and actually try to read between the lines rather than "Binning" him so often.
The last time I checked this wonderful democracy that we find ourselves in promoted free speech. Given that this forum is a global free speech entity, I would like to see some more instances of "TAKING THINKS WITH A BIT OF SALT".
Maybe even doing it with a wry smile on our faces, after all, we are Tottenham, if it's one thing we can do its self harm, sorry I mean self deprivation.

Given that this forum is a global free speech entity, I would like to see some more instances of "TAKING THINKS WITH A BIT OF SALT".
Maybe even doing it with a wry smile on our faces, after all, we are Tottenham, if it's one thing we can do its self harm, sorry I mean self deprivation.

Thats spot on :) Couldn't make up my mind about Agree or Funny for the last bit tho :)
I'm of the opinion that the "bin" button should be reservered for Gooner cunts!! :)

Hey, I'm a Leverkusen fan and after watching the interviews before and after the game this evening, I'm completely sure that you'll get Son. Völler said that the transfer isn't through yet but they're talking to Tottenham and trying to find a good solution for everyone (he only says stuff like that if we're pretty close to a deal). Later our manager Schmidt indicated that Son had told him that he didn't want to play for Leverkusen any more and he didn't expect him to play any more games for us.

Gotta say that the majority of Leverkusen fans (including me) are quite happy about this transfer. Son is a good player but he was never THAT amazing that anyone would be upset because of him leaving. Plus we already have replacements in our team (Brandt and Mehmedi) and a lot of fans actually expected Sonny to lose his place to one of them during the coming season. And we could use the money (30 Mio would be a big thing for us) to buy a good central midfielder and maybe a backup striker.

Thanks. This sounds an awful like Spurs fans when we sold Bale, a natural reaction. After all, Lamela turned out to be twice the player.

Hey, I'm a Leverkusen fan and after watching the interviews before and after the game this evening, I'm completely sure that you'll get Son. Völler said that the transfer isn't through yet but they're talking to Tottenham and trying to find a good solution for everyone (he only says stuff like that if we're pretty close to a deal). Later our manager Schmidt indicated that Son had told him that he didn't want to play for Leverkusen any more and he didn't expect him to play any more games for us.

Gotta say that the majority of Leverkusen fans (including me) are quite happy about this transfer. Son is a good player but he was never THAT amazing that anyone would be upset because of him leaving. Plus we already have replacements in our team (Brandt and Mehmedi) and a lot of fans actually expected Sonny to lose his place to one of them during the coming season. And we could use the money (30 Mio would be a big thing for us) to buy a good central midfielder and maybe a backup striker.

So you're saying we shouldn't sign a son from you?

Could today be the day?!?! Could it be?

I'm ever so excited!

Ps.

My best mate is an Albion fan and he is livid. He's told me all the fans were happy to sell for £18m. Now they know they're gonna be stuck with a player who doesn't wanna be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom