Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else reckon that we should take a punt on Michu, hasn't worked out for him at Napoli, he has had a lot of bad injuries though but I reckon we could get him fairly cheap and he looked fantastic not too long ago

anyone else reckon that we should take a punt on Michu, hasn't worked out for him at Napoli, he has had a lot of bad injuries though but I reckon we could get him fairly cheap and he looked fantastic not too long ago
Defibitely worth a look, he was tearing it up at Swansea a couple of years ago, only issue is he is very similiar player to Kane

I just want a low centre of gravity quick footed footballer who can nutmeg a mermaid. I know there isn't many of them around but those are the ones that strike fear into the opposition. Most of the better ones are at bigger clubs but I'm sure we can locate one somewhere.

Lamela at Roma so? :paulinholol:
Don't put Paulinho in the same sentence as the god that was Lamela at Roma. But he was never a low centre of gravity quick footed footballer. He was a direct footballer who would constantly attack defence, be confident enough to try passing forward and not be afraid to do so after losing the ball, work hard to win it back and score goals. What you see of Lamela now is literally nothing of who the guy was at Roma and it's a shame. I don't know if it's the pace of the league or if he just can't adapt to the style we play but if he played as good as he did at Roma, he'd be one of our most important players. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see it.

Don't put Paulinho in the same sentence as the god that was Lamela at Roma. But he was never a low centre of gravity quick footed footballer. He was a direct footballer who would constantly attack defence, be confident enough to try passing forward and not be afraid to do so after losing the ball, work hard to win it back and score goals. What you see of Lamela now is literally nothing of who the guy was at Roma and it's a shame. I don't know if it's the pace of the league or if he just can't adapt to the style we play but if he played as good as he did at Roma, he'd be one of our most important players. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see it.
Paulinho smiley was just to express myself, nothing to do with the qualities of both players. Eh, Paulinho doesn't have any, at least good ones.
Yes i remember Lamela being awesome in his last year at Roma, in a bad season for Roma him and Marquinhos were the standouts of your team. I still think that Lamela have a lot of qualities and can be a top player, but not in Spurs or England. unfortunately

Paulinho smiley was just to express myself, nothing to do with the qualities of both players. Eh, Paulinho doesn't have any, at least good ones.
Yes i remember Lamela being awesome in his last year at Roma, in a bad season for Roma him and Marquinhos were the standouts of your team. I still think that Lamela have a lot of qualities and can be a top player, but not in Spurs or England. unfortunately
Marquinhos was outstanding. That was Baldini at his finest though, scouting and signing the likes of Marquinhos and Lamela. It's a shame he hasn't been able to work wonders like he had for both Madrid and during both stints at Roma with ourselves.

I agree with your last sentence too. He'll leave Spurs, no idea where he'll go, but he'll excel and I think it'll be a case of what if. He will probably end back up in Italy if I'm honest with you. I don't think Roma will be back for him, but I could see him at one of the Milan clubs.

Man City want Danny Rose apparently. LOL.

A Spurs player doing well, is a Spurs player on the way out. Ridicolous media creating their own truth.
Valued 10 mill by US?! LOL.
- Homegrown LB
- Levy
- As good replacements nowhere near possible at 10 mill.
- Didn't he just extend his contract with 5 years?

Fucking hell.

Agree that the Rose rumour doesn't sound likely at all. First of all, he is on a long running contract, secondly, while he has made a few big leaps forward he is not ready to be a part of a title-chasing squad yet. Thirdly, I think the likes of Henderson, Barkley, Sterling might be the kind of players City may be after.

I think Danny Rose, atleast right now, isn't good enough for a City (or another major step up in club) but is one of the better ones at Spurs. Jan Vertonghen is in the same category. Not good enough for better, but will be near the top with us

I don't think Rose would look out of place at Man City. But he's not high profile enough for them in my view. There is nothing stopping them from going out and signing any left back in world football. I know they may be looking for English players but Rose won't be one of them.

They will probably be looking at the likes of Sterling, Henderson, Wilshere etc. (going by rumours)

city should get gaya of valencia for LB. wilshere be such a waste of ££. they should get miranda as just a year left on his contract. henderson just a year left too. & obviously sterling looks like he wont sign. im still curious who millner will go to if he leaves. a long shot, but i think he is a mourinho player. he would take him especially on a free

I think if Liverpool don't get CL then City will go in hard for some of their players, potentially their manager as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom