Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Sammy straw man. Nobody is saying only rely on youth and nothing else.
Everyone agrees we need a new striker.
Nobody is against improving the squad, the point is that we already have Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela, Dembele and Townsend. If we are going to add to that then it has to be somebody who is bringing more to the table than Moses.
I don't think anyone on this forum has seen as much of Moses as the club's recruiting/scouting people. If they feel he's a good target maybe we should ask why, and then draw our own conclusions of what we should be looking at if we want to understand what the club thinks.

A lot of people don't like Moses. But he seems to fit Pochettino's criteria: hard-working, willing to learn, with Premier League experience to reduce time taken adapting.

I think I'd rather Kevin Volland, but if one is available and the other isn't, you go with what's viable.

Still want to see who our CM upgrade will be. That's the key piece unless we're making some large tactical/formation changes.

Sammy says the players aren't good enough. Poch got us 5th with those players. Sammy says Poch is not good enough. It's just empty noise mate.
Sammy's essential poisiton seems to be that the players Poch plays are shit or not consistent enough - Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen. The ones he doesnt play are actually really good and deserve a chance - Capoue, Stambouli. Except the young players who are just kids and cant be relied on so shouldnt be given a chance - Pritchard, Carrol, Alli. So the only ones that we can rely on are those the young ones that do play - Kane, Bentaleb. But the success of the young ones that play is nothing to do with Poch. That we should sign new players, but not Schneiderlin because he is shit, but people like Moses. but sign players, dont sign players, improve dont improve. Poch is making mistakes and most importantly, Sammy is right and he will tell you so.

The only thing Moses has as a positivity is age. He's still only 24 but I just can't get excited about this. Screams of a typical cheap levy buy that will end up getting sold next year due to an ever growing list of deadwood our stupid board keep accumulating. It's just the same fucking mistakes every year. If Moses does sign and becomes a revelation then fair play but this for me is another average signing we are so fond of. Why can't we just improve the starting 11.

Sammy says the players aren't good enough. .

Soldado, Ade, Townsend, Lamela, Vlad are not good enough.

Onomah, Carroll, Pritchard, Alli and Carroll are not experienced enough and some will probably see loans.

Sammy says Poch is not good enough
I said time will tell. Lets see what he does with his own players.

He seems to want Moses....a player you think is not good enough. Im backing that potential signing and Poch if thats who he wants. Funny that in the light of your post.

but he's also very rash and takes many wrong decisions.

Those two things can be trained away. The ability to shoot/be quick/dribble isn't as easy to teach.

I also feel like I'm talking to myself, considering your avatar. Pick another one for fuck sake :dawsonmean:

Sammy says the players aren't good enough. Poch got us 5th with those players. Sammy says Poch is not good enough. It's just empty noise mate.
The players are good enough for around 5th. Poch didn't seem to do much to improve that mean result. So the argument could be he isn't good enough to get us into the top four. We can't compete with four or five teams above us for players, so the manager needs that special something to drag us into contention. Does Poch have that? I've not seen it. Yet.

It really depends if you are happy with fifth. It's where we should be, but that doesn't mean I want to accept it. I don't think our players or our manager are good enough to improve our position. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Soldado, Ade, Townsend, Lamela, Vlad are not good enough.

Onomah, Carroll, Pritchard, Alli and Carroll are not experienced enough and some will probably see loans.

I said time will tell. Lets see what he does with his own players.

He seems to want Moses....a player you think is not good enough. Im backing that potential signing and Poch if thats who he wants. Funny that in the light of your post.
If they can sell these 3 I am sure they will.
Based on ...? So far we have 1 Daily Mirror report that has been repeated 100 times and some bloke's mate who heard it from the kit man's butcher.

You seem to think that bedding them in in the cups is not giving them a chance then. How bizarre.
Okay, so we have 38 EPL games to account for.

We have Chadli Eriksen Lamela
With Eriksen Dembele Lennon as back up.

Don't know why you write Lennon off, I think he is a far better player than Townsend and a very decent back-up right winger for a club of our ambitions. What's the panic stations about having to have two attacking midfielders?

Berahino would be a decent signing, though he would be very expensive as a 21 year old English qualified player.

I don't think he'd cost that much. West Brom aren't in that strong a position.
  1. His current contract runs out in 2017
  2. Pulis doesn't seem to like him/poor working relationship
  3. I have no doubt Berahino would put in a transfer request
  4. No one else seems to be in for Berahino, but us. The other top 5 all have other options.
Maybe 15 mil would do it, with add ons? For a 20 goal a year striker, who is 21, quick, strong, good in the air, a good finisher, can play on the wings as well as up top etc that's a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom