Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I've seen both get ripped apart numerous times? Even so, that's 2 out of 100s of full backs across Europe. So the odds on signing someone who can defend is pretty rare, considering the only two you can name play for the two best clubs in the league.

The team defending as a unit is a lot more important than whether or not a full back can defend.
I was sort of backing up your point mate as I could only name 2, but they are good solid fullbacks.

But I've seen both get ripped apart numerous times? Even so, that's 2 out of 100s of full backs across Europe. So the odds on signing someone who can defend is pretty rare, considering the only two you can name play for the two best clubs in the league.

The team defending as a unit is a lot more important than whether or not a full back can defend.
Ironically we have someone who has done very well in the championship defensively at RB and you just have to read what boro fans thought of him to understand how well he did

Windy wrongly said he couldn't work his way back in to the boro whilst overlooking the fact he was injured with a hamstring injury

Last edited:

Poulsen scored against Serbia tonight (assist by Lord Bendtner LOL)

But if we were to get another Dane I'd take Hojbjerg.
19 years old, fought against Matic, Markovic etc in tonights 2-0 victory and cried like a little baby in the post match interview.
He's fucking gold.

Tottenham are ready to offer Nabil Bentaleb a five-year deal with Mauricio Pochettino also willing to use Andros Townsend as part of a deal to sign Christian Benteke.

Source: Sunday People

:levywhoa:

Come one Timmy. We all know we LOVE Townsend! :sherwoodlol:

Have no idea what this is suppose to imply, or if it's even to me. Won't let me see the original post.

Not sure how me putting money on Kane staying is negative.

Absolute joke - just a list of high profile players, and they're getting snubbed left, right and centre.
It's the united media machine in full flow. Link them with all the hot properties & watch this space. Unnerve the owner club, unsettle the player. They are a murky bunch of cunts & have got worse under the Glazers. Edwards was bad enough. & Their fans are self entitled cunts. I hope every club they approach via the media tells them to fuck off. Fat kids in the sweetie shop who want every jar just to be popular & stop anyone else from having a say. Just like the Chavs £ Citeh.

Am I the only one that has seen a strange trend in which the age at which players are seen by fans as "too old" seem to forever be decreasing?

Just the other day someone was just suggesting that sadly we might lose Lloris, "because he's getting older". He's fucking 28 years old! For a keeper 28 years old is more or less like hitting puberty!!!!

Now Woolwich players are arguing amongst themselves about how old Jackson Martinez is:

Tragic consequence of price inflation in football, if you ask me. How long is it going to be before 27 becomes "over the hill"?

Can just imagine in 10 years time..." We are delighted to announce that Harry Kane Jr has signed a 5 year contract with the club", along side a picture of a baby bump. If he's out of the womb he's too old :pochsmirk:

Remember the "who should we get rid if post - http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-who-should-we-get-rid-of.14546/ ?
As far as I can see we're still paying out at least 1/2 million a week on all of the junk bought in the last couple of years. Until we offload the crap discussing who's the best RB, striker etc is a waste of time.
We appear to have already bought a load of still debatable players. Please let's get rid of the junk and buy a QUALITY fullback, a QUALITY attacking midfielder and a QUALITY striker.

Poulsen scored against Serbia tonight (assist by Lord Bendtner LOL).

Big deal! M Pizelli and Mkoyan scored for Armenia. None of those 3 have any credentials whatsoever.
Trippier? Tell you what, I'd prefer to teach Walker to defend properly than chance a RB from a relegation team....

[itk="13th June 2015, in, Eye Football, McCarthy, itk, 5, rumour"]
Source: JJetset on SC

According to him, we are NOT looking to sign James McCarthy.[/itk]

These journos coming on tv and radio are hilarious. The keep saying " this kane story won't go away "........thats because they keep fucking talking about it.....fucking turkeys....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom