Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it Geis, Camacho or McCarthy in and I wouldn't care that much honestly
Geis is a great shout. Superb player and definitely in our range. Would be half the price of MS - less even. And I'd say a better player. Or certainly more potential.

Hope McCarthy becomes the new CM target.
Not sold on McCarthy. I see a lot of fans pining for him. From what I've seen of Everton the last 24 months, Barry has been their best CDM?

Geis is a great shout. Superb player and definitely in our range. Would be half the price of MS - less even. And I'd say a better player. Or certainly more potential.

Not sold on McCarthy. I see a lot of fans pining for him. From what I've seen of Everton the last 24 months, Barry has been their best CDM?

Disagree there, seen quite a few Everton fans saying he's been their best this term.

There's a dream for next season.......
Based on the coming events of this transfer market......
An impossible dream.......
One so far fetched, it borders on insanity........

But nonetheless, it's a nice dream to have :)

Poch & MItch "we need these players, nothing else will do"
Daniel Levy "Of course, I'm all jiggity jiggity hombre, buy buy buy!!!!!"

wolf.gif

I've watched N'Zonzi a lot, especially when he was at Blackburn, and although a solid player he doesn't offer anything to take us to the next step, which is what we want.

We have enough centre mids who aren't capable, realistically he's no better for us than Dembele.

I've watched N'Zonzi a lot, especially when he was at Blackburn, and although a solid player he doesn't offer anything to take us to the next step, which is what we want.

We have enough centre mids who aren't capable, realistically he's no better for us than Dembele.
Part of me always wanted to see N'Zonzi and Diamé together - would be a very powerful duo.

Well that's Spurs snd Daniel Levys fault and we only have ourselves to blame once again. I guess another shit average alternative like Stambouli is in the pipe line. The guy was desperate to come to us last summer and we blew it
How did we blow it? Made the offer, he nearly went on strike but Soton knew he was their key player and wouldn't sell. Yeah, that's totally our fault Southampton aren't morons.

Mason made an average of 2.8 successful tackles & 1.6 interceptions per game this season
Bentaleb 2.3 & 2.5
MS 3.7 & 2.6.
Both Nabil and Ryan are in their first full seasons and played more games than MS.

However, Mason & Bentaleb have made more assists this season, 4 & 2 respectively, to MS 1.
MS has scored 4 goals to Masons 1 and Bentalebs 0.
Yet both Nabil and Ryan make more key passes.
So, MS is only slightly better at tackling than Mason, makes lots of long ball passes and scores the odd goal.
Defensively Wanayama is on par with Nabil & Ryan but far worse offensively.
If Nabil improves his tackling, and he is 5 yrs younger than MS, he can be just as good.
IF Mason & Bentaleb scored more, and they are both capable of doing so, they would be an awesome pairing.
Mason on Sunday had a fantastic game. He was everywhere and his passing was good.

I say Fuck Morgan Schenderlin. He was always more likely to go to woolwich.
Find a player in the mason mould but better.
Nabil is just as good and will improve, just like MS has.

I think the worse aspect of us this season has been errors. I seem to remember numerous times when we have gifted teams goals with clumsy balls, tackles and lacks of concentration.
The latest example at Stoke. Their first 2 goals were from fuck ups, nabil getting under it, heading it backwards to diouf who's cross was headed backwards by Vertonghen to Adam. The 2nd another gift for N'zonzi.
We have made it hard for ourselves. However, we do have a fairly young inexperienced core with Nabil, Mason, Dier, Lamela, Chadli.

Some games we never turned up.

Last edited:
Going out on a limb, but I'm going to guess injured.
He is also not even eligible to play in England due to a fuck up in his visa.
With hindsight we may have bought poorly, but fuck me we did well with the players we sold (with the exception of Dawson). Almost £40m quid from players that have all now been relegated.
Taarabt
Zamora
Caulker
Sandro
Dawson
Huddleston
Livermore
Nico
Sir Les
Bond
Ramsey
and to complete a full squad of 11 Steve Clemence who was coaching at Hull.

Last edited:
How did we blow it? Made the offer, he nearly went on strike but Soton knew he was their key player and wouldn't sell. Yeah, that's totally our fault Southampton aren't morons.

Oh give it a rest mate. Made what offer? What a pathetic last minute 10 mil bid we knew full well was never going to be accepted? This has been Levys game for years and he still pulls the wool over a lot of supporters eyes. Had we of gone for Scneiderlin early with a decent offer rather than spunking 25 mil on shit ( fazio, Davies and Stambouli) we would of had an excellent chance of getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom