Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
EssexYid EssexYid do you know that United signed a deal with Adidas or Nike (I can't remember) just for their kits that makes them the same amount of money per year than we make from EVERYTHING! How can we really compete?
We are punching FC some years.

Ok but why can't we compete with Liverpool? They have a similar sized stadium, and didn't have any form of European football to offer last season. Their owners want a new stadium too, but they still invest in the playing squad effectively. Why are Spurs different?

I agree on City and Chelsea.

But United finished below us last season, and I fully disagree on Liverpool. We were laughing at Liverpool for players like Sigurdsson and Dempsey who chose us over them. The reason Liverpool went ahead of us last season is that they invested in their squad above the money they received for players like Sturridge, Coutinho, even Suarez a year or so before. And they also invested the money in the last 2 years so much better than we have.

To be honest, I'm probably still more disappointed at the signings we made last season rather than not bringing in more/better players this Summer.

Liverpool also bought carroll for 35 million, downing for 20 million, charlie adam for 8 million. They made some signings that make ours look like buys of the century. The problem is they can do that and STILL continue to invest because they are a bigger club with a higher revenue and wage bill. They had to pay suarez nearly 300k a week to stay last season for christ sake.

Liverpool are a funny one, because people seem to forget that prior to the few years under gillette where they were woefully mismanaged, they consistently finished in the top 4 if not challenged for the title. Quite why some fans believe we now have a right to finish above them is bizarre.

United get £75m a year just from the people who make their kits, not sponsor them.
I can only imagine how much they get from the actual sponsor.

We get peanuts in comparison as we are not a global brand to the other teams we are competing against.
We're not exactly Swindon Town either! Our wedge is quite substantial compared to other rival teams - ticket prices, market share, etc. - Everton and Villa especially. We are NOT broke.

New QPR signing Sandro posts the following message on his Facebook page: "I'd like to thank Tottenham Hotspur for everything they've done for me. Spurs has been my home since I moved to England and I loved every minute of my time there.

"To the fans, I'll always have a special relationship with you and can't begin to express how much your support has meant to me, particularly in tough times when I was injured.

"I can't wait to get started at QPR now and look forward to wearing the famous hoops for the first time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom