Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of begs the question why we are seemingly sticking with what we have now though doesnt it..

Uh what? I'm pretty sure we just signed a new CM right now.

Also the reason we would stay put with what we have is money, always is.

Will be A LOT less that Schneiderlin would have been.

Basically, Levy won scissor paper rock with Poch.
Actually think this is the tail end of a chain reaction of events that have been playing out in the last few days:
  1. Napoli got knocked out of the CL two days ago, leaving them not enough money for Sandro
  2. Without selling Sandro we decided not to pay a premium price for Schneiderlin
  3. Since Schniederlin was staying put, they didn't have the cash to purchase Clasie
  4. Clasie signed a new contract with Feyenoord today
  5. Schneiderlin realizes he's not leaving, changes his twitter header to something Southampton related
  6. We settle for a cheaper less proven version of Schneiderlin instead
We're still overstuffed in CM though, maybe Holtby will be sold instead...

Uh what? I'm pretty sure we just signed a new CM right now.

Im not sure he's going to walk into the starting 11 at Anfield though...

Im thinking that Paulinho or Holtby might go, and that the guy is going to be more of a utility player, able to cover for injuries in three different positions.

Could be wrong, but dont think that this is a marquee CM that we will build the team around.

Im thinking that Paulinho or Holtby might go, and that the guy is going to be more of a utility player, able to cover for injuried in three different positions.

Could be wrong, but dont think that this is a marquee CM that we will build the team around.

Still doesn't show a particular level of content with the current midfield options. He sounds like a Schneiderlin-lite, which means we are missing out on MS because of money, as per usual.

Im thinking that Paulinho or Holtby might go, and that the guy is going to be more of a utility player, able to cover for injuries in three different positions.

I agree I think every team always tends to rotate their reserve / second string as players deteriorate or want to go play first team footy and I dont blame Holtby if he is going for a gig somewhere to play as he is a passionate fellow. This wont be a first teamer at least in the first instance, but hey we have been surprised before, step forward Eric Dier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom