Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This be a strong squad.

GK - Lloris, Vorm, Freidal
FB - Walker*, Naughton*, Rose*, Davies U
CB - Vertonghen, Dier U, Fazio, Kaboul, Velkjovic U
DM - Scniederlin*, Capoue, Bentaleb U, Sandro, Dembele, Mason*
AM - Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Lennon*, Paulinhio
ST - Adeybeyor, Welbeck*, Kane U

International - 14
Home Grown - 7
Under 21 - 4

Im loving Kane, and Ade is the man as far as Im concerned....but I do believe that Welbeck is a massive improvement of Soldado and would link up very nicely with Lamela, or rotate with Chadli out left behind one of the other strikers.

I just dont see us playing to Soldados strengths. This team has a lot of running in it. Bobby just does not.
Couldn't agree more. Welbeack is made for our 'new system'

Even though he has signed a new contract at PSV, does anyone think we would be able to get Depay still, whether it's this window or January? I for one hope so cause Townsend and Lennon were by far our worst players yesterday and I really rate Depay and he has started the season with a bang, plus I'm afraid he will go to one of the Manx next term. Who knows Levy may pull his wallet out for once and pay big, cause new contracts don't always stop outgoing transfers but I for one doubt it now but we can only pray:avbpray::levystare:

Not really. MS had 1 assist in 35 games last season. Only 2 goals.

He's a DM. A good one but he's just a DM.

Not suggesting capoue or ms play attacking mid but the bentaleb position would suit either of them if poch doesn't want Sandro (again it's all rumour). Pochs system is a sort of 4-2-3-1.

Good thing with this is that we can play all of our number 10's like eriksen, chadli and lamela without having to use our wingers like Townsend or Lennon.

Translation:
An agreement was reached between the #MHSC and SpursOfficial to transfer Benji Stambouli

indeed+_5f555e8666c8efbe3c3b8428318a76ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom