Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck selling Townsend when we've still got Lennon

atleast Andros will run at the defense and pop off a shot

idk what Lennon does these days tbh in a attacking capacity

Warning stressful ITK ahead: :walkercry:

[itk="24th August 2014, out, Football, Walker and Townsend, SC, 5, rumour"]
Source: Ali Z

On Walker (but not transfer related):
I can't tell you why, put it this way it's something that he is going to live with for the rest of his life.FACT - he wanted to rest it, Tim talked him into playing, Walks should have put his foot down but for any faults he may have he is a team player at the time we had a few really bad results so he played.

His injury has not improved through rest as it should have, i can't say too much on the subject but trust me an op on this and we could have a King situation. Medical team tell he should not play, told you all this at the time and walks tell's Tim he is struggling, Tim pressured him till injury got too bad.

On Townsend/MS:
We will only sell if they do.
[/itk]
----
Regarding that Walker bit, please God don't let it be true.
I love this fella, and he's been one of my favs. Would be really sad to see him end up like that.
Also, if true, I wonder if this is related to Yedlin's purchase too?

Damn you, Timmy. :walker-scream:

Last edited:
That would be gutting regarding Walker, I really hope it's bollox, but who would make that up? A gooner troll maybe, but, still...Worrying.
Regarding the other players that might go, it looks pretty likely that someone decent is going to end up shipping out, maybe two or three decent players. Townsend is the only one that worries me because he could develop into an outstanding player. Paulinho gets too much abuse on here, but he isnt going to develop lots more, so at least if he went it's not such a big loss.
Whatever happens, whoever ends up going, the great thing is that we have other class players ready to step in and take their place, even if we don't sign anyone else. The only losses that would hurt us this season are if Ade, Verts or Hugo left without suitable replacement, and I don't see any of those occuring.

If Dier stays with us for a few years I'd say give it to him, but he's too young and brand new to the squad. Wouldn't make any sense yet.

Agree entirely. I like the mention of him as I can't imagine a better option in the future, as he'd have a unique perspective being English but familiar with moving to the Prem from abroad, and would also have several years experience with Spurs by that point.

Would love to see him stay and make a career out of Spurs. He couldn't have dreamed a better start, and at this point has plenty of time to establish himself as a bonafide undisputed legend.

The comforting news is Ali Z has been striking out all summer. If he were a baseball player, he'd undoubtedly be in the minors by now. Terrible record of late.

Let's hope that slump has continued. I would be beyond gutted if Walker were done.

Not that worried about Walker, if he were really severely crocked the club would be making a much more substantial effort to bring in a first team RB. Yedlin doesn't really count since he isn't being brought in until at least January and he's very unproven.

Not that worried about Walker, if he were really severely crocked the club would be making a much more substantial effort to bring in a first team RB. Yedlin doesn't really count since he isn't being brought in until at least January and he's very unproven.

I know nothin about Dier, but these few games prove he has played there before. Did he play a lot of RB at sporting anyone know? He could be the first team RB for the future assuming he played a lot of RB at sporing.

I know nothin about Dier, but these few games prove he has played there before. Did he play a lot of RB at sporting anyone know? He could be the first team RB for the future assuming he played a lot of RB at sporing.

Made his Sporting debut at RB and played some games there. I think he's look very solid there in our first two games and should start ahead of Naughton until Walker returns.

But the club brought him in as a CB. That is where his future lies and he is best suited. His purchase certainly wasn't a sign that Walker may have long term injury concerns.

In a interview on the spurs site last week he said he played alot at rb and he was comfortable there

Made his Sporting debut at RB and played some games there. I think he's look very solid there in our first two games and should start ahead of Naughton until Walker returns.

But the club brought him in as a CB. That is where his future lies and he is best suited. His purchase certainly wasn't a sign that Walker may have long term injury concerns.

I agree with everything you have said. I think you are completely right, and I am somewhat playing devils advocate, but the second part is all assumptions. We have no real definite updates on Walker and the club does and we dont know exactly what the plans are for Dier. You are 99% likely right, but if Dier continues his RB form and builds on it, he is a very suitable RB.

I really hope it's bollox, but who would make that up?

I can answer this.
Someone who goes on to internet message boards and try's to claim they have an inside knowledge of the going on of their respective football clubs based on nothing more then what they read on News Now and their own intuition. This one ITK has moved away from transfer knowledge and created a fabricated story of a serious injury to a player (which can not be verified and won't be) therefore allowing him the luxury of not being able to he proved wrong. Sprinkle a little smearing of an already unpopular ex-manager and you have your BS story so they guys on Spurs Community can treat you like some kind of oracle.

Good news for the Walker fans perturbed by the Ali Z news, another ITKer on SC named "rebrab":

"Yeah... That last piece is about as true as Lascelles having signed for us.

He's wrong with that one.

Walker will be back by Woolwich."

The Lascelles dig is spot on. Guy has been preaching he was ours since early June. Like I said, Ali Z has been a trainwreck this summer.

I agree with JDK, if this were even remotely true we'd be much more concerned than indicated by our actions of the summer of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom