Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck on loan would be great business AFAIC, can't see much of a downside TBH.

I'm not worried at all that we would sell Jan as aprt of the deal, can't see that. Unless of course Jan started sulking etc, etc, but no indication of that so far. Mind you, has he actually signed a new contract yet?

For all the pro Welbeck people, enlighten me please.

From what I have seen, he just runs fast, and that's about it.

What am I missing?

Im pro Welbeck, but I do see your point. Its probably not worth trying to convince someone to rate a player..

I have the exact same problem towards Soldado that you do to Welbeck....only I cant even say Soldado runs fast.

:eriksenserious:

Holtby on his way, Soldado linked with moves too.

The fans that dont rate them are labelled "haters"......if we sell, what does that make Poch? LOL

The only tragedy is that the same old cycle is starting, and if Holtby and Soldado are sold and Welbeck and Song sign, they will be despised from day one by people who will continue to jack off over our ex players for years to come.

Holtby on his way, Soldado linked with moves too.

The fans that dont rate them are labelled "haters"......if we sell, what does that make Poch? LOL

The only tragedy is that the same old cycle is starting, and if Holtby and Soldado are sold and Welbeck and Song sign, they will be despised from day one by people who will continue to jack off over our ex players for years to come.

Haven't you been against the signing of Schneiderlin while saying Sandro should play? All the while it seems like Pochettino rates Sandro lowest considering he isn't even squads in league play unlike Holtby and Soldado. It's just a matter of preference. People have different favorites. I agree with you on Soldado for the record, don't think he has much to him.

Haven't you been against the signing of Schneiderlin while saying Sandro should play? All the while it seems like Pochettino rates Sandro lowest considering he isn't even squads in league play unlike Holtby and Soldado. It's just a matter of preference. People have different favorites. I agree with you on Soldado for the record, don't think he has much to him.

Of course people have different preferences but Im not calling Schniderlin or Mussachio shit etc, and setting my stall out so hard that I will never, ever change my mind for fear of looking stupid.

Thats how scapegoats are created, and Ive seen it a million times.....people have decided Welbeck is a "useless mong"....so no matter what, its the wrong signing and always will be.

Tiresome shit

Of course people have different preferences but Im not calling Schniderlin or Mussachio shit etc, and setting my stall out so hard that I will never, ever change my mind for fear of looking stupid.

Thats how scapegoats are created, and Ive seen it a million times.....people have decided Welbeck is a "useless mong"....so no matter what, its the wrong signing and always will be.

Tiresome shit

Yeah that's a fair point. Very stupid to come out that hard against a potential signing before they ever show up.

So ... it seems out of all our midfielders, Holtby is the one to leave?
Too bad. He's more important to us than the likes of Paulo.

If Holtby does leave, I really hope that at least one other central midfielder also still leaves.
I'd fancy Paulo, but I still think Sandro will leave (with or without Paulo).

Oh, and it's good news that we aren't interested in Song anymore.
Hopefully that means there is some development on the MS saga.

Last edited:
Welbeck would be class.

A young, energetic, versatile, quick forward who excels at PRESSING and getting in behind defenders. He seems ideal for Poch's system. Just look at how SAF played him in such big occasions against Madrid in order to combat Madrid/Xabi Alonso. Welbeck did a great job and until Nani got a red, Utd looked on top. Let's not forget he scored at the Bernabeu too.. even got a pen and a neat finish vs Lloris last year.

Only thing I really see people criticise him for in his finishing. That will come on the more he gets a consistent role in his career. 15 starts last year and he got 9 goals. That's a very decent return. Bringing him in would be a great move but it seems we only want him on loan, which I can't see Utd agreeing to. Might be looking at him to be a stop gap until we can sign J Rod in January since Poch really wants him to come (heard Poch was telling him to join Spurs from before he even got the job)

Welbeck would be class.

A young, energetic, versatile, quick forward who excels at PRESSING and getting in behind defenders. He seems ideal for Poch's system. Just look at how SAF played him in such big occasions against Madrid in order to combat Madrid/Xabi Alonso. Welbeck did a great job and until Nani got a red, Utd looked on top. Let's not forget he scored at the Bernabeu too.. even got a pen and a neat finish vs Lloris last year.

Only thing I really see people criticise him for in his finishing. That will come on the more he gets a consistent role in his career. 15 starts last year and he got 9 goals. That's a very decent return. Bringing him in would be a great move but it seems we only want him on loan, which I can't see Utd agreeing to. Might be looking at him to be a stop gap until we can sign J Rod in January since Poch really wants him to come (heard Poch was telling him to join Spurs from before he even got the job)

Pretty solid finisher as well!

I've heard rumours of a swap deal, kagawa for Paulinho? Would be over the moon if this happened. Just wondering what other people think? Think it could be a smart move if we do end up selling Holtby. We would need cover at the number 10 position in my opinion.

I've heard rumours of a swap deal, kagawa for Paulinho? Would be over the moon if this happened. Just wondering what other people think? Think it could be a smart move if we do end up selling Holtby. We would need cover at the number 10 position in my opinion.

I like Kagawa, he was class at Dortmund but things haven't gone right for him at Utd, some say he doesnt fit the league too. Behind Mata/Rooney now as well. I'd imagine Dortmund would want him back ahead of us and he'd do well for us when we have 3 players switching and interchanging positions in the 4231. Swap deal for Paulinho would be good for us as I've given up on Paulinho admittedly.. seems like a completely different player to the one we signed last summer.

Yep, would certainly be happy with that

Absolutely in for this, but still don't want to lose Holtby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom