Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were to sell all of those players, we'd be running dangerously low on HG's. From that list I'd like to see Naughton go and replaced by Fredericks, Rose go if we get a decent offer and have another option lined up to compete with Davies, Benny go just for obvious reasons, Dawson go because he's too slow and if we can bring in another HG backup such as Lascelles, and Siggy go because he isn't good enough at CAM and we desperately need a genuine left winger.

I don't "wan"t to see Carroll go per se, but I think his chances of seeing time are quite bleak now due to the rise of Bentaleb.
We really don't need to worry about home grown players. As long as we have a youth academy we can just register players that will play in the U21 or U18 team even though they won't play. By my count, we have 17 players that are not home grown, this includes players like BAE and Falque who may or may not be on the final team.
  1. Brad
  2. Hugo
  3. Jan
  4. Vlad
  5. BAE
  6. Paulinho
  7. Lamela
  8. Holtby
  9. Capoue
  10. Moussa
  11. Chadli
  12. Eriksen
  13. Sandro
  14. Benteleb
  15. Soldado
  16. Ade
  17. Falque
We have 10 players that would be in and around the first team that could be registered as home grown, which may change depending on who is sold.
  1. Kane
  2. Lennon
  3. Zeki
  4. Townsend
  5. Walker
  6. Rose
  7. Naughton
  8. Siggy
  9. Daws
  10. Archer
U21s don't need to be registered, but can to fill the HG quota, so if Daws, Siggy, and someone else on that list is sold then we can just register somebody from our U21 side that is home grown. With 17 players that are not HG (give or take a few depending on whether BAE or Falque will be in the first team or if we buy a new player), that leaves more than enough space for 8 players on the list above or from the U21 side to be registered.

We really don't need to worry about home grown players. As long as we have a youth academy we can just register players that will play in the U21 or U18 team even though they won't play. By my count, we have 17 players that are not home grown, this includes players like BAE and Falque who may or may not be on the final team.
  1. Brad
  2. Hugo
  3. Jan
  4. Vlad
  5. BAE
  6. Paulinho
  7. Lamela
  8. Holtby
  9. Capoue
  10. Moussa
  11. Chadli
  12. Eriksen
  13. Sandro
  14. Benteleb
  15. Soldado
  16. Ade
  17. Falque
We have 10 players that would be in and around the first team that could be registered as home grown, which may change depending on who is sold.
  1. Kane
  2. Lennon
  3. Zeki
  4. Townsend
  5. Walker
  6. Rose
  7. Naughton
  8. Siggy
  9. Daws
  10. Archer
U21s don't need to be registered, but can to fill the HG quota, so if Daws, Siggy, and someone else on that list is sold then we can just register somebody from our U21 side that is home grown. With 17 players that are not HG (give or take a few depending on whether BAE or Falque will be in the first team or if we buy a new player), that leaves more than enough space for 8 players on the list above or from the U21 side to be registered.

True this is for the league roster, but it isn't ideal for the players you intend to play in Europe. I'm of the persuasion that I like to keep a solid number of contributing HG's around for this reason.

As for personal preferences, I must admit I also prefer to keep a solid standing count of HG's. I feel the Prem has gotten too far away from this, and I always admired Spurs' refraining from that path for as long as they did. Even if they are more expensive, I'd like to see us continue to make efforts to bring British players through. Not a fan of the fact this was the first England WC roster in half a century without any Spurs players, even if our most likely potentials were injured and it's good not to be associated with the failure.

If he were to sell all of those players, we'd be running dangerously low on HG's. From that list I'd like to see Naughton go and replaced by Fredericks, Rose go if we get a decent offer and have another option lined up to compete with Davies, Benny go just for obvious reasons, Dawson go because he's too slow and if we can bring in another HG backup such as Lascelles, and Siggy go because he isn't good enough at CAM and we desperately need a genuine left winger.

I don't "want" to see Carroll go per se, but I think his chances of seeing time are quite bleak now due to the rise of Bentaleb.

Naughton is far more capable than Fredericks.

Indeed, but he's also four years older, wants out, and is set to see his value decline as he is now in the upper half of his 20's.

So? that doesn't mean we weaken our team. Who cares if he leaves on a free in 2 years if he has done well providing cover in League and Cup games. Granted he's useless against the big teams but he doesn't stand out as shit when playing lesser teams.

Should be at least kept around the squad if the only replacement is Fredericks.

So? that doesn't mean we weaken our team. Who cares if he leaves on a free in 2 years if he has done well providing cover in League and Cup games. Granted he's useless against the big teams but he doesn't stand out as shit when playing lesser teams.

Should be at least kept around the squad if the only replacement is Fredericks.

This "weakening" of the squad due to the disparity in individual quality between those two players would be disproportionate to the amount of value lost, especially if we could use those funds to enhance elsewhere. So in the end, it actually could end up strengthening the squad.

If the player wants out, it hardly matters anyway.

if we sell siggurdsson i wil be mad

EDIT: http://www.thegliff.com/pochettino-has-to-sell-these-6-tottenham-players/

What do you guys make of that list? Agreeable?
I
I think if you take Ade off that list it's pretty dead on accurate. However I would have Siggy as my number 1 player to move and Dawson and Rose as my last two. At least Dawson is useful and Rose still has some room for growth and we need a LB.

Siggy and BAE HAVE to go as they are near completely useless to us. Naughton should go now cause hes gettin older and doesn't really offer us too much but depth.

Carroll unfortunately probably won't find a place on this team this year which means he should be loaned or sold. I still think Carroll can become a very good DLP. But I don't know if he will ever be quite good enough to start for us. That makes him a long term squad player I guess and those can be moved while he still has high prospect potential. Only about a year or two of that left.

Siggy and BAE though, blegh.

I get you were joking, but he's often used that same accusation after I've defended myself from massively misinterpreted and overblown accusations, so I apologize for not being very receptive to your joke.
Hey, its all good. :adebaehug:
Although sometimes i think everybody supports some different football club here ( UtdFan UtdFan ) doesent count.
Thtats why i try to stay away from sharing my opinion, i know im always wrong:pochbye::pochbye:

I take enough pleasure to go on from knowing everybody else is wrong too :bae:
BEHOLD, we are NORTH KOREA!
opinions count shit, unless they are eatable, then they are cake.
0cbab72d90342d24c66a356bdbfbaf477ea3e43d8d9f2131feec0f6d4f611b71.jpg

yay-for-north-korean-democracy_o_2940549.jpg

We really don't need to worry about home grown players. As long as we have a youth academy we can just register players that will play in the U21 or U18 team even though they won't play.
This epitomises what is wrong with English football. :paulinhofacepalm:

So. Lets say we play this next season:

Lloris
Davies Vertonghen Kaboul Walker
Pirlo Dembele
Griezmann Erickson Lamella
Soldado

IiBka27wzRt12pm3H2DktG2iNI2-cjctY5B7dkQD-XNo2ab2AompLhTs7kwgg-asxSA=w300

1. )Where do we finish? 2. How many goals does Soldado score? How quickly does Kaboul get injured, and who plays in his place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom