Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see us spending £45m on anyone.
I also cant see us spending £45m on another striker when we are playing a formation that only allows one to play after just signing Soldado for £26m.

Anyway, goats info.....do we believe this? If so what about Falcao?

Actually this isn't the most bizarre name that's been thrown out there today. Would be excellent revenge against Chelsea, and the word is Monaco does have to cut some losses under pressure from the French league. Benzema makes sense as well if Madrid want to afford Suarez.

The good thing is if this goat info is true and we do sign a 45mil player then it will be unreal but if we don't then atleast we are all extremely happy with our transfers. No signings tommorow = extremely happy regardless........... Signing 45mil player tommorow = Ecstatic. Atleast we can all enjoy a transfer window deadline knowing we don't have to worry about signing anyone. Anything else is a massive bonus.

Ok, firstly lets not forget that there's always talk of a big signing last minute which never comes off, so lets not get to ahead of ourselves, but 2 pieces of food for thought.

1. while 'the goat' is anonymous, it is ultimately info that has gone through the mods before hand, so you can speculate that they wouldn't put it up if they knew the guy had a track record (as has been the case many a time in the past). Or that they're just putting it up because they want to keep their forum busy on the last day.

2. I find it hard to believe that levy would spend that out the blue, but what I would say is we were prepared to spend an excess of 30 million pounds on willian. If we assume that chiriches was wrapped up before hand and erikson was wrapped up for 11.5 m. There is still money, he COULD be willing to spend.

Ok, firstly lets not forget that there's always talk of a big signing last minute which never comes off, so lets not get to ahead of ourselves, but 2 pieces of food for thought.

1. while 'the goat' is anonymous, it is ultimately info that has gone through the mods before hand, so you can speculate that they wouldn't put it up if they knew the guy had a track record (as has been the case many a time in the past). Or that they're just putting it up because they want to keep their forum busy on the last day.

2. I find it hard to believe that levy would spend that out the blue, but what I would say is we were prepared to spend an excess of 30 million pounds on willian. If we assume that chiriches was wrapped up before hand and erikson was wrapped up for 11.5 m. There is still money, he COULD be willing to spend.

I wouldn't say this money was out of thing air. We had a bid accepted of around 30-35m for Willian. We had a bid rejected of 35m for Mata. We seemingly were buying chiriches no matter what. The only thing that would affect the money would be the eriksen transfer. That still leaves us with 20-25m unspent plus an actual profit this window. So if Levy is willing to take a 20-25m loss this window it is conceivable to spend 45m.

I wouldn't say this money was out of thing air. We had a bid accepted of around 30-35m for Willian. We had a bid rejected of 35m for Mata. We seemingly were buying chiriches no matter what. The only thing that would affect the money would be the eriksen transfer. That still leaves us with 20-25m unspent plus an actual profit this window. So if Levy is willing to take a 20-25m loss this window it is conceivable to spend 45m.

That was what I was trying to get at ultimately.

As a general question, does anyone reckon in hindsight that we brought in paulinho, chadli and soldado to play alongside bale? or we brought them in knowing he would leave?

Even though that ITK may not be true ... it sure worked it's magic ... I am super winded up and feel like I'll be doing nothing but watching / looking up news.
I'm so jittery!

Even though that ITK may not be true ... it sure worked it's magic ... I am super winded up and feel like I'll be doing nothing but watching / looking up news.
I'm so jittery!

It beats sulking over the loss today, even if it is fabricated hogwash.

Not gonna lie, I've hung a shred of hope around the possibility of Falcao though. That would be the ULTIMATE fuck you to Mourinho and Chelsea after the Willian debacle. There would be nothing better, and from AVB's comment the club is clearly bitter about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom