Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a lot to be said for the talk of £85m over 4 or 5 years vs £78m (or so) up front. With that sort of money up front we could put more down on purchases and probably save several million. Aside from the comfort of actually having the cash and not hoping Madrid/Spain dont end up in a position to default...

I think that's true but I personally wouldn't take only £78M. I think he is better than that and with all the bullshit from Real I'd make them pay a world record fee up front (or within a reasonable period like two years) or tell them to fuck off. But I think Levy has got this.

Years.........Team........................Apps†... (Gls)†
2001–2004 Dinamo Bucureşti..........23 (4)
2004–2007 Shakhtar Donetsk.........73 (16)
2007–2011 VfB Stuttgart..............93 (19)
2011–2013 Schalke 04.................34 (5)

This is Ciprian Marica's goalscoring record. Pretty poor to be honest. The only reason for us attaining him would surely just to help settle Vlad?

I dont think we need him as Soldado, Defoe and Kane would be adaquate cover for our 4-5-1 formation.

.Not sure if anyone is with me but i will be resembling this when it comes to kick off tommorow.
pass-out.gif

The thought of losing petrifies me especially as we have signed players and will get untold stick if we lose.

No way. Marica is not good enough for the scum:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...close-in-on-ex-Schalke-striker-Ciprian-Marica
It's also a bad word in Spanish, but I guess that's not his fault.

I think that's true but I personally wouldn't take only £78M. I think he is better than that and with all the bullshit from Real I'd make them pay a world record fee up front (or within a reasonable period like two years) or tell them to fuck off. But I think Levy has got this.

To be honest if it wasnt Madrid and their madness interested I dont think £78m is justifiable for Bale.

Ronaldo cost that, when he was basically the best player around. Bale is no where near that good IMHO.

He could be, but he isnt right now.

Literally should be a "Pay up or fuck off" situation. I just hope we dont blink first and give into their shit.. But then again. It is Levy....
:levyeyes:

So. With Bale going to replace Ronaldo, and Neymar replacing Messi, are we picking up the scrap? I think we could do with someone that can fire freekicks about as good as Bale, and this Messi lad I'm hearing good things about. :harrysmile::adeninja::vdvshh:

I'd like to see Balzaretti brought in, seems to be a fairly complete left back. He and Rose could split adequate minutes, and by the time Balz has aged to the point of losing pace (two years or so) Rose should have developed his defensive game adequately. Other than that, just want one more player who can play left wing or striker. And I don't want to see Defoe go, he's played well in his cameos this season. Soldado's arrival has undoubtedly put some determination in his step.
My friends told me that Balzaretti is absolute *****

I wouldn't take less than £80m because a new record fee would piss Ronaldo off even more, having that twat sulking around the place will cause no end of shit for Madrid.

To be honest if it wasnt Madrid and their madness interested I dont think £78m is justifiable for Bale.

Ronaldo cost that, when he was basically the best player around. Bale is no where near that good IMHO.

He could be, but he isnt right now.

Depends who you ask though. His stats are comparable with Ronaldo's last season in the Prem, and in my view Bale will be the better player because he scores so much from outside the box and his acceleration can't be compared with anyone else, Ronaldo included. Those facets to his game make himincredibly valuable if you want to win trophies playing against other good teams. Invaluable in my view and at his age I don't think the price is that much really. But like I say, it's all opinions; it depends who you ask.
Either way, I'd be surprised if Levy accepted less than the world record fee, unless there was some catch.

I think if we are looking to buy a striker in replacement for Adebayor then it must be a class youngster that dosen't mind playing the odd game and we can slowly build him up when say Defoe get's to old. I wouldn't be to bothered if Ade goes and we get no one to be honest but if we were to sign a striker then it should be a youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom