Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancing-dog.gif

Stolen from an arse forum:

k51x93.png

"£80m for bale and they pretty much break even. amazing."

"All of this comfort putting down of Spuds business. They have done what Wenger failed to do every time a big player left. Re invest the money into the squad. Well done Levy you SPUD C@NT, Well done"

"Yeah, everyone's getting excited by the sheer amount they're brining in, but they're still losing Bale and it'll take a while for all these new faces to gel.
Just need to stop being gifted penalties now...

And none of their new faces are even PL experienced"

"Face it, most of us will be creaming ourselves if we had half of spurs signing"

:memeokay:

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

FUCK ME BLIND. JESUS FUCKING QUEEN. OTHER ENTIRELY FUCKING APPROPRIATE FUCKING SWEARING. THIS IS MENTAL. THIS IS THE TRANSFER WINDOW EQUIVALENT OF CHIPS AND CHEESE AND... CURRY SAUCE. IN THE SAME BASTARD CONTAINER. AND FUCKING PIZZA. AND A FUCKING BURGER. AND MORE FUCKING CHIPS!!!!!!! AND FUCKING SMARTIES.

Of the three new ones only one, Vlad, needs to be registered in the squad.

Squad count.

25 senior professionals at the club as we speak.

Homegrowns: we need at least 8. We currently have 10.

*GK: 3
Friedel, Lloris, Gomes

*Defenders: 8
Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Ekotto, Rose, Chiriches

*Midfielders: 9
Lennon, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Dembele, Capoue, Townsend, Chadli, Paulinho, Sandro

*Forwards: 5
Soldado, Adebayor, Defoe, Obika, Dawkins

------------------------------

U21s (under the age of 21 as per 01.01.2013)
GK: Archer, Vigouroux, Miles,
D: Fryers, Stewart, Michael-Percil, Veljkovic, Ward
M: Carroll, Fredericks, Ceballos, Gallifuoco, McEvoy, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen
F: Kane, Coulthirst, Lancaster, Coulibaly

Loaned out: Luongo, Mason, Pritchard, Hall, Smith, Gomelt, Livermore, Khumalo, Falque

FUCK ME BLIND. JESUS FUCKING QUEEN. OTHER ENTIRELY FUCKING APPROPRIATE FUCKING SWEARING. THIS IS MENTAL. THIS IS THE TRANSFER WINDOW EQUIVALENT OF CHIPS AND CHEESE AND... CURRY SAUCE. IN THE SAME BASTARD CONTAINER. AND FUCKING PIZZA. AND A FUCKING BURGER. AND MORE FUCKING CHIPS!!!!!!! AND FUCKING SMARTIES.
Bastard. I'm fucking hungry now!

With a Rib-eye steak on top.

Am I the only one that wants that to be it now?

Would be nice to just sit back and spectate on deadline day, knowing that our business is done.
nope. I wanna see Jim White's cunty head explode as we announce that we have signed someone else, or that Bale has turned Real down or something

I know everyone has been saying this for a few weeks now, but the work that has been done by AVB and Levy this window has been absolutely incredible and a master class to almost any club. If you think about the time and effort it took to pull this window off, it's staggering what has happened.

Call it good (perfect) timing, good planning, or whatever you want to, but at some point AVB sold Levy on a vision for the club. He had a year under his belt, he did what he could with what he had, but it wasn't the style of play or the look of the team he wanted. Levy, to his credit, bought into that vision, trusted his coach, and pulled out all of the stops to make all of this happen. I don't know if he knew that the Bale money would be part of the equation or not, but regardless of the club's early position, I assume that he did.

The planning of potential targets, the targeting of Baldini, arranging the funds, and using our player's and coach's connections to certain players probably began months in advance of the window opening. AVB obviously had a vision with the end goal of making a stamp on this league and achieving some silverware. Not only that, but Levy probably recognizes that the big are getting bigger and the distance is growing. With a new stadium around the corner, more TV money at stake, and the ability to put some of your upper tier rivals in your dust, now was the time to pounce. Picking up Baldini just set the stage for all the rest. Once that was completed, we were swift and decisive in what we did. We're now more versatile, younger, more creative, multi-dimensional, and improved in almost every position on the field or at least have more options than ever before.

However this season or window finished, I just want to again acknowledge what an amazing process this has been to watch unfold.

Problem is. We cant win. If we finish inside of the top four it will be because we bought it. If we finish outside it will be "You spent so much but you couldnt get what you want".
Who gives a stuff about what anyone else says anyway!! I just want to finish above that lot down the road this year, and I would sell my soul for that to happen, after the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom