Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carr and Ziege? Some people obviously haven't been paying attention.

Carr in his prime at Spurs was some degrees better than Walker has been at any point so far. Shame there aren't any archived pages from Spurs Update back then which actually had a weekly award for MOTMWISC (Man of the match who isn't Stephen Carr).

Anderton also seems to be somewhat underrated in people's memories. He was a fantastic RM and actually played a very decent amount of matches despite his injury record.

Carr in his prime at Spurs was some degrees better than Walker has been at any point so far. Shame there aren't any archived pages from Spurs Update back then which actually had a weekly award for MOTMWISC (Man of the match who isn't Stephen Carr).
I'll never forget his goal against Man U.
Anderton also seems to be somewhat underrated in people's memories. He was a fantastic RM and actually played a very decent amount of matches despite his injury record.
Always used to make my laugh when manager after manager would declare the returning Anderton to be like a new signing, only for him to be back in the treatment room after a few games. :roflmao:

There is - spursodyssey.com match reports.

Stupid woolwich twat. Really?
tumblr_mjjvkiQhIs1rd0p8io1_500.jpg

At least we have a squad :adelol:

Woolwich IN FOR BENZEMA, DI MARIA AND OZIL
Tick tock, Arsene.

Woolwich only have a few more days to buy some players, and The Daily Mail reckons they have big plans.

The paper reports Woolwich want to spend £70million on Real Madrid trio Karim Benzema, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria.

Yikes. The paper claims: 'Despite all three players insisting they want to stay at the Bernabeu, Real will listen to offers for the trio as they look to balance the books after committing £86million to signing Gareth Bale from Tottenham....

'However, there are fears within the corridors of power at the Emirates that they will not be able to land any of the high- profile targets before Monday's deadline - a possibility that will anger supporters. A summer that promised so much has produced very little and manager Arsene Wenger is facing a make-or-break four days.

Who thinks the former paragraph is more likely to happen than the latter?
F365

Sums them up. Wenger is never actually on for anyone...just talks about it, then changes his mind that they need anyone. Last week he declared, "The window starts now", yet did fuck all.
We have to tear them to pieces on Sunday. We really must.

Woolwich IN FOR BENZEMA, DI MARIA AND OZIL
Tick tock, Arsene.

Woolwich only have a few more days to buy some players, and The Daily Mail reckons they have big plans.

The paper reports Woolwich want to spend £70million on Real Madrid trio Karim Benzema, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria.

Yikes. The paper claims: 'Despite all three players insisting they want to stay at the Bernabeu, Real will listen to offers for the trio as they look to balance the books after committing £86million to signing Gareth Bale from Tottenham....

'However, there are fears within the corridors of power at the Emirates that they will not be able to land any of the high- profile targets before Monday's deadline - a possibility that will anger supporters. A summer that promised so much has produced very little and manager Arsene Wenger is facing a make-or-break four days.

Who thinks the former paragraph is more likely to happen than the latter?
F365

Sums them up. Wenger is never actually on for anyone...just talks about it, then changes his mind that they need anyone. Last week he declared, "The window starts now", yet did fuck all.
We have to tear them to pieces on Sunday. We really must.
We are on the up, they are on a big downer fighting with themselves: NO CONTEST!!!

I know I'm going to get killed for this but for some reason Holtby does get loaned out l (not claiming he should, or it is likely) or erkisenfalls through I wouldn't mind bringing him in. Wages would be the only question imo.

Kaka's game was built around pace - after all the injuries his had I can't see anyone in Europe taking him with his wage expectations.

Qatar beacons.

Iirc, when we last looked at the squad, we were at 26 players. Of the three incoming, I think only Chiricheș counts against our total since the other two are still U21s for this season. So that's a bit of tidy work, as we only go up to 27. Then Bale is outgoing, and one more player on loan—who might be Falqué, since I think he was on that list of 26. We also then still have Rose, Dawson, Naughton, Walker, Lennon, Defoe, Townsend, and Gylfi as homegrown players, leaving us in a good place. Sound right, @ zin zin @ eanN17 eanN17 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom