Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He appears to insinuate chances were limited in spite of his fitness and ability (?) and hints to 'blame' his transfer on a seismic shift in our transfer policy.

In reality - he's simply another slightly above average player who fell behind when our overall squad quality improved and we began signing quality players outside the 'Premiership - 2004-2009 years' Redknapp DVD

to some degree don't you want every player on the team feeling like they should start every week? How many of us want players who'd be fine sitting on the bench every week?

My only comment on Thudd is that an acquaintance of mine used to date him and she couldn't handle his gambling addiction so sacked it off.

ITK.

Scored some sublime goals for us though. Wish him and his gambling well.

Yeah, but to be fair, he was never really the sharpest tool in the DIY shop, was he?
Not his fault they twisted his words a bit.

It's awfully easy to say in hindsight that he shouldn't have given a particular interview, but as he is a professional footballer making a move, I think it's ridiculous to say that he shouldn't grant an interview just because the supporters of his old club think that they're the victim of a media conspiracy.

Get over it people.

It has made me laugh recently when Spurs fans have started getting up in arms about a lack of English players. Last season and in recent memory Parker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Jenas, Walker, and Naughton have been the most cunted off players in the squad.

Plus, there are the never ending debates about if Defoe, Dawson, Rose, Lennon and Townsend are good enough.

That's every single British player in our squad except Bale. Makes me laugh the way everyone overreacts to the quality of the British players and then acts appalled when they get sold after bitching about them for years.

Not his fault they twisted his words a bit.

It's awfully easy to say in hindsight that he shouldn't have given a particular interview, but as he is a professional footballer making a move, I think it's ridiculous to say that he shouldn't grant an interview just because the supporters of his old club think that they're the victim of a media conspiracy.

Get over it people.
The media for what ever reason have been printing ridiculous sensationalistic articles aimed just at selling copy and this has probaly resulted in destabilising a number of individuals associated with Spurs including perhaps the clubs best player. Wether this is a concerted media conspiracy who knows but once again there is no accountability being asked of the press and so they go on writing whatever they like. Certainly because of the large amount of money involved, people are being used to advance specific agendas but there are lots of fans who take their football seriously and deserve to be treated with some respect and this can be re-dressed by writing objective not subjective articles.

The article sure doesn't read well, but there is more than one way to miss-quote somebody. He undoubtedly did say those quotes, but he certainly said a lot more, and it has been cut to make a story. That is probably what he means by being miss-quoted. I expect he said a lot of stuff, quite a bit complimentary as he innocently reminisced, and then they ripped him a new arsehole by cutting it so it sounds bad. Standard really and he should have known better than to give the interview.

Yeah, I don't really dislike Hudd I just feel he could've been one of the best midfielders of his generation but he was lacking bigtime in his mentality. Way to layed back and lacksadaisical on the pitch to even come close to fulfilling his early potential. Plus he's got a small army of fanboys who over-rate the shit out of him churning out the if only he was in Seria A he'd be as good as Pirlo line ffs yeah Pirlo the CL and WC winning midfielder :avblol:

I loved Cuddles. But slowly I began to realise that what I thought was the way he played was not the Huddlestone who appeared on the pitch.... and I have to admit that the new players are better than the player I imagined him to be.

Who: Mighty
When: 16/08/13
Where: SO

Big offer in for Bale. £85m, four instalments plus coentreo
he also added
Under Armour been told Bale is leaving.

For the sake of conversation let's say this were true. Why would we have waited so long to ship him off? That doesn't look like a deal on our terms everyone was talking about. Spending our money ahead of time?

I've said this a while ago. We've just been spending the money ahead of time whilst pretending Bale isn't for sale, so we don't get bled dry in the market. That seems like the most likely scenario to me.

he also added

For the sake of conversation let's say this were true. Why would we have waited so long to ship him off? That doesn't look like a deal on our terms everyone was talking about. Spending our money ahead of time?

fuck dat shit, never heard of this cunt mighty ballbag before

he's on a wind up fuck him......

Bale is staying, we're gonna win the league lal;alalalaalala lallaaaalalala not listening not fuckn listening.....

: ostrich:

he also added

Journo on the football weekly podcast seemed to suggest that we had accepted a bid, then there were issues about if Real actually had the money available.

£85m plus Coentrao on top would be a good deal. Assuming we have Lamela or Willian lined up as a replacement.
More rumblings of Lamela than Willian...at least from the media. That probably means Willian right? hah

Who would you guys rather have? I can't really give an opinion as I've only seen a few clips of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom