Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to miss Parkers mazy runs

Cb9Sj.gif

If Scotty wouldn't have injured his achilles we wouldn't be selling him. Sad fact of being a professional athlete. Lets not forget he grew up a Spurs fan. Playing for us was probably as good as his career ever was. That means something to me.

Hope he owns the championship.

According to Sky Sports we've been linked with Watford striker Troy Deeney.

I know he smashed in a hat-trick for Watford at the weekend and scored another 20 or so goals last season but has anyone really seen him play?

A good friend of mine is a Watford fan and rates him highly but I'm not sure. He's 25, so no spring chicken.

Anyone think this would be a good bit of business if true?

Raw goalscorer, not much else. Gets his goals though, and I could imagine him performing in the premiership.

Not sure if I fancy him for us though, would be an interesting move.

If Scotty wouldn't have injured his achilles we wouldn't be selling him. Sad fact of being a professional athlete. Lets not forget he grew up a Spurs fan. Playing for us was probably as good as his career ever was. That means something to me.

Hope he owns the championship.
Didn't stop him turning us down, did it?

As much as Parker loves running around in circles, and as much as we sometimes may bash him for holding the ball too long or not passing forwards...
Scotty will always be a hero.

I think some of us probably forgot how good he was 2 seasons ago ...
He was the Spurs' player of the season!!! :parker:

I love is professionalism and his neat English look, but unfortunately I kind of feel sad for him for one particular reason.
He works so hard, and sometimes got into decent positions, and even had fantastic chances ... but ...
Scotty has never scored a goal for his childhood favorite club.
Not including the goal he scored with the youth team.
There were times he made big mistakes and even missed empty nets ... but even in those crucial I have never been mad at him. I mean, I may not love his circles ... but for some reason I could never be mad or curse at him.

He's a good player with a great attitude, but is a player that needs to be in the right system (ala Redknapp's system) ... where he can do what he wants to be the boss of the game.
Thanks, Scott Parker ... you have been a great captain and a number 8 for us! :parkerhmm:

Parker was fantastic up to last season. Think he was encouraged to be a bit too adventurous and it just didn't suit his play and he found himself a bit out of his depth at times. When he started he was pretty much an anchorman, putting in a crunching tackle then a short pass to a more creative midfielder. Seemed to stop that and start running with it though which is when the circles began.

Glad for the service, but definitely wouldn't have kept him, now is the only time we'll sell him for any £

Btw, this doesn't seem to have been reported on ANY medium other than Twatter... Are we sure this is happening, or are we witnessing a real-life case of 'Twatter in genuine ITK' shocker???

Btw, this doesn't seem to have been reported on ANY medium other than Twatter... Are we sure this is happening, or are we witnessing a real-life case of 'Twatter in genuine ITK' shocker???

Daily Mail has picked up the twitter gossip, apparently first announced on Sky Italia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom