Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dempsey has such a poor touch and decision making crap often leading to a week shot on goal. Granted he has scored some important goals however he missed alot of chances and I could never understand why avb chose him over siggy or holtby. We need better than him if we wanna seriously challenge this year. Sorry to the yanks that loved him but he is a mid table player at best

He played him for his physical presence - particularly when Defoe was upfront on his own

Strange to disagree with the entire post instead of quoting that line then...

Crouch scored some major goals, but Id still rather sign someone else than bring him back in an emergency loan

I didnt quote because Ive seen what a marathon you can make these debates and I simply had nothing more to say aside from "I disagree". Being "I disagree that Dempsey is shit" rather than the way you read it. I thought it would have been obvious given the conversation to that point, my mistake.

I didnt quote because Ive seen what a marathon you can make these debates and I simply had nothing more to say aside from "I disagree". Being "I disagree that Dempsey is shit" rather than the way you read it. I thought it would have been obvious given the conversation to that point, my mistake.

Haha, here we go....yeah yeah its ONLY me talking about it...not one person has quoted me on it.

I should just start not answering people, and then they will complain about me making statements and then running away...............................

And no it wasnt obvious. You disagreed with the entire post by pressing "DISAGREE"....

Haha, here we go....yeah yeah its ONLY me talking about it...not one person has quoted me on it.

I should just start not answering people, and then they will complain about me making statements and then running away...............................

And no it wasnt obvious. You disagreed with the entire post by pressing "DISAGREE"....

"Ha ha here we go" is exactly what I thought last night, hence letting it drop.

Given the conversation to that point I think it should have been obvious my intent in "I disagree", others took it exactly as intended - so perhaps you are being a little defensive. If not then fine, Ive clarified myself now anyway.

I made a very straight forward point in that a experienced ex Spurs goalscoring player on loan at the point in the season where games pile up would be very useful.

You took exception to that, thats fine. There really wasnt much for me to say outside of "I disagree", the "Dempsey Is he shit? Is he god?" debate has been done to death and the whole either/or angle you were pushing was nothing to do with the point I made.

So Anzhi have apparently put the majority of their first team up for sale due to 'frustrations with players attitudes'.
Hmmm...

I wonder if it has anything to do with flying 2,000 miles to their stadium for each game, because Dagestan is a war-torn region of violence and instability?

Nah, they're probably just not paying them enough. Oh wait...

Hmmm...

I wonder if it has anything to do with flying 2,000 miles to their stadium for each game, because Dagestan is a war-torn region of violence and instability?

Nah, they're probably just not paying them enough. Oh wait...

They're owner just lost 375 million on some shares aswell so he is completely scaling the team down. The project has officially ended..

Only sammy could have an argument about arguing...

As in clicking the little "disagree" button and leaving it there - until you started pointing to the fact and missing the point - whereby I have tried to clarify.

Are you that desperate to "win" on the internet you just cant leave it be?

Keep digging. I thought you were more balanced than this...Im dragging it on, yet you have quoted me about 6 times, ffs.

Win on the internet!??? Cos I dont want Dempsey back?

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa. Fucking sad

Keep digging. I thought you were more balanced than this...Im dragging it on, yet you have quoted me about 6 times, ffs.

Win on the internet!??? Cos I dont want Dempsey back?

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa. Fucking sad

Sammy, do yourself a favour - calm down a bit - then re read the exchange.

The only reason I have quoted is because you are trying to pick things out that arent there. I wasnt going to respond on the matter at all until this:

LOL, two people prefer Dempsey to VDV or a new striker..fuck me

:crouch:

Which, quite honestly, I think was deliberately missing the point made. Since when Ive only tried to clarify my position.

Bottom line is I think Dempsey is a good option in Jan, you think he is shit. I dont agree with your point but I accept it, its your right to an opinion. All that nonsense about comparing him to other players and making it an either/or situation is you trying to twist a simple point to make another - which I really dont get - hence the idea you are desperate to score points.

Ill tell you what, you leave it there and Ill do the same, next time something comes up Ill debate it as a clean slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom